Family: my husband, two dogs Izzy & Peg, one cat Sally.
Hobbies: pets, yoga & dancing, camping, spending time outdoors, reading, scrapbooking, cross-stitching and other crafty activities when I get a chance.
I work part-time for an animal rescue doing events and fundraising.
I am also involved with a local theatre group, Red Cross, and introducing young people to the emergency services.
We have never travelled overseas, so I joined Postcrossing because it seems like an interesting way to learn a little more about other countries and people. So I would really enjoy reading about yourself or your country when you write on your postcard.
For those people who like to see a wish list I include ideas below.
I would LOVE to receive polar bear postcards or if you are from Australia, a dingo postcard.
I like any kind of nature, wild animal, landscape or country scene.
I don’t so much like cartoons or people postcards.
I DO NOT wish to receive postcards of:
animals in clothes or cages
tobacco or alcohol related products,
naked or scantily clad people.
- all kinds of bears including koalas & pandas, but especially polar bears
- wolves, foxes & dingoes
- birds, especially small birds, aquatic birds, owls & birds of prey
- sunsets & sunrises,
- domestic & wild cats & especially cat art
- horses, unicorns, donkeys, zebras, giraffes
- autumn scenes
- windows, doors, fences, gates, archways
- religious art & icons, particularly the Madonna & Child
- desert scenes & cacti
I would like to collect all the USA states & Canadian provinces
Other things I enjoy are
- National Parks & World Heritage sites
- Planet Earth & conservation themes
- native animals of your country
- all kinds of small creatures such as hamsters, mice, rats, squirrels, otters, rabbits
- animals & birds in the snow
- trees & forests, rivers, lakes & wild coastlines (not tourist beaches)
- reflections & rainbows
- stained glass – religious or otherwise
- historic buildings, cathedrals, churches, monuments & beautiful architecture
- old boats or rustic buildings
- Russian matryoshka dolls
- traditional Japanese & Chinese art
- traditional Winnie the Pooh & Beatrix Potter
- children’s book illustrations
- books & reading
Please look at my favourites for more ideas. :)
Around Easter & Christmas I am more than happy to receive postcards with relevant religious scenes or icons.
I am happy to receive art, ad, handmade, glitter, shaped or multi-view postcards on any of these themes too.
I do have favourites but if you send me something else – I may well end up with another kind of favourite. :)
I like my cards written, stamped, dated, and even stickered and decorated if you like to do that kind of thing. Please don’t put them in an envelope unless you really have to.