I'm a 40-year old woman with a husband and two daughters, one of them 10 years old and the other 6 years old.
I'm especially interested in postcards showing human statues, such as statues of famous people from your country or by artists in your country. Paintings and drawings containing statues are also lovely.
Other cards I collect:
- advertisement postcards from hotels, bars and restaurants
- dinosaurs, dragons and unicorns for my older daughter
- cards with a viking and general iron age-theme for my younger daughter
- cards with mummies, bog bodies, holy relics etc.
- cards relating to silent movies and films by Errol Flynn
- cards depicting catastrophes (volcanos erupting, earthquakes etc.)
- Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien-related stuff, both books and movies
- rock paintings, petroglyphs
- Adam and Eve
My favourite artists are German artist Albrecht Dürer and Dutch artist Hieronymus Bosch.
I'd love to hear about your favourite movie or what sort of music you like. I myself like heavy metal. I would also be interested in hearing anything you'd like to tell me about your country's or hometown's history. Environmentalism is close to my heart, so I would love to hear of initiatives in your country or community to combat climate change.
Statues I would very much like to receive cards of, if you live in one of these places and a card is available:
- The Rudolph Valentino bust or his memorial statue "Aspiration" in De Longpre Park, Los Angeles
- Sancarlone in Italy
- The statue of Ronnie James Dio in Kavarna, Bulgaria
- The statue "Kiss by Klimt" in St.Petersburg
- The sculpture of "The Dance" by Matisse, also in St.Petersburg
- The statue "Ali and Nino" in Batumi, Georgia
- "Venus" figurines, eg. Venus of Willendorf, Venus of Brassempouy etc.
- The statue of Yul Brynner in Vladivostok, Russia