My name is Varya, I'm 33, I am a linguist from Russia and I currently live in Bern, Switzerland.
Most of all I love good stories in any form, especially those that are a mix of funny, scary and clever. And sometimes surreal.
One of the best ways to spend a day for me is to take a walk in the forest or in an unfamiliar town. Sometimes I just go for a walk without looking at the map, wondering, what I'll see behind the next corner.
I like learning something new. I love reading (mostly sci-fi, fantasy, and popular science books). I also enjoy movies, western and orient animation, (mostly British) tv-shows, web-comics, and video games. Sometimes I also play tabletop RPGs with my friends.
I will bу glad to receive any kind of postcard! In my opinion, the story is the best part of the postcard.
But if you want some suggestions, here they are
- sci-fi, space or science
- something beautiful and weird/creepy at the same time
- b\w photos of every-day life
- people doing something strange or just having fun
- beer, brewing and breweries
- libraries and bookshops
- snow and mist
- animals - I love all of them, but dogs (especially corgis) really make me happy
- famous women of your country (especially scientists, astronauts, writers, artists etc)
- small cute motley houses
- I also don't mind regular touristic postcards from your area, especially with natural wonders, beautiful parks or medieval towns!
I'm looking forward to receiving your postcards!
I am learning German, so I would appreciate postcards in German - but please keep in mind I am not very proficient!