Hello, dear fellow postcrosser!
A few things about me:
- I would describe myself as a social introvert: I like to be around other people, but I need and enjoy spending time alone.
- My greatest passion is history which I studied at the university. Instead of political and war history, I'm more interested in the cultural aspects of the past such as thinking, emotions and everyday life. I’m also into genealogy and family history.
- My weirdest interest is probably names! I like to list interesting and beautiful names, form combinations of first and middle names and get to know about the meanings and the backgrounds of names.
- Some of my other favorite things are baking, coloring books, discovering/visiting lesser known sights and landmarks, drawing & painting, Eurovision Song Contest, knitting, museums & libraries, nature, old/historical novels, period piece films & TV-series, reading, watching athletics, biathlon and cross-country skiing on TV, writing, and many more!
When it comes to postcards, I always send cards I'd like to receive too: so, send me a card you really like! You can also check my favorites wall (those are cards I've already received) and this site (http://afternoonkid.deviantart.com/favourites), if you want to know more about what I consider beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.
If you're still wondering, here is a list of my favorite themes (in an alphabetical order):
- architecture (exteriors and interiors)
** castles, palaces, churches and other religious places, bridges and other landmarks
** interior designs and details from houses/buildings (wallpapers, windows, doors etc.)
** anything from paintings and photographs to sculptures and statues
** in general, I prefer older art (from the antiquity to the early 1900's), but I appreciate contemporary art as well
** a special wish: portraits (my avatar is "Flower of Fields" by Louis Janmot)
- dogs (especially English Cocker Spaniels, Setters and Irish Wolfhounds)
- flowers and gardens
- landscapes and nature views
** forests, meadows, mountains, fells, fjords, lakes, seas/oceans, rivers, streams, ponds etc.
- monarchs and royal families (past or present)
- something related to history
- something weird or extraordinary
- vintage/retro cards
I love to receive my cards written! You can tell me for example:
- how your day was; what you did today
- about your name (its meaning or the story behind it)
- what you had for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack today
- about your dreams
- about things that make you happy
If you speak Swedish, you can write the whole text in it. I studied Spanish in the upper secondary school, but I haven't used it since: you can still write in Spanish if you're a Spanish speaker. Tack / Gracias!
Thank you for reading this far and happy postcrossing! :)