Tepestaika(or Jouko) is a member in Finland . He has been a member for over 3 years (1,098 days).
Hello fellow Earthlings (and alien visitors),
I'm male from southern Finland and curious about everything in this world and beyond. I like to visit historical places, search museums for things I've read or seen pictures and just to watch nature around me. I'll never stop wondering the variety of this world, natural or man made ...Actually, sometimes I need a good kick to come back to real world. As a child I dreamed diving with Jacques-Yves Cousteau's crew and sailing around the world in "Calypso", decades have gone but dreams still live.
I've seen so much nice cards sent by postcrossers around the world that I can't favorite all of them (believe me I try ..), but here is some themes which will help in my itch of curiousness :
- Tourist cards; yes, I really do like these ;)
- Reprints of old tourist cards
- Nature and wildlife, including all weird and wonderful creatures
- Traditional arts, handcrafts, costumes, architecture, music
- Church altar, organs, Saint's, pilgrimages, Virgin Mary
- National memorials, especially those dedicated to veterans and independence
- Anything beer related (my little, secret bad habit)
- Vintage/retro -style add and travel poster -cards
- Rose Rigden's crazy animal cards
- Pin ups, Duane Bryers' "Hilda", Betty Boop
- Mayim Bialik, Cate Blanchett, Catherine Deneuve, Marlene Dietrich
- Humphrey Bogart, Jean Reno
- Stone bridges, castles, shrines, temples, monasteries etc.
- Any kind of mythical, fantasy, folklore creatures
- Classic ocean liners, old trains
- Reprints of old cards showing people, all kind
Because I like all old you can also send me older or even "an ancient" postcard but prefer these in envelope, modern machines are so cruel to them.
I always appreciate little information about your local area's everyday life or special/unique/weird "thingys", or small note about the card if there's no English description. If you are artistic I'd be happy receiving small drawings or why not make yourself the whole card ...
Like my favorite singer Juice Leskinen wrote :"No one survives the Life", be happy and enjoy what you have.
Peace and respect :)