Hello fellow Earthlings (and alien visitors)
I'm male from southern Finland and curious about everything in this world and beyond. I like to visit historical places, search museums for things I've read or seen pictures and just to watch nature around me. I'll never stop wondering the variety of this world, natural or man made ...Actually, sometimes I need a good kick to come back to real world. As a child I dreamed diving with Jacques-Yves Cousteau's crew and sailing around the world in "Calypso", decades have gone but dreams still live.
I've always been an avid reader, science fiction, fantasy and historical adventures being on top of the list. Favorite writers are Ursula K. LeGuin, Terry Pratchett and Doris Lessing and cartoonists Enki Bilal and Sergio Aragones.
I've seen so much nice cards sent by postcrossers around the world that I can't favorite all of them and my favorites seems to change every time wind blows new ideas into my head but here is some themes from my mile-high list of interests :
- Tourist cards and reprints of old tourist cards from your country or your travel souvenirs from anywhere
- Fantasy art, Gensodo -series, Shawli's Fantasy, Slavic mythology etc.
- Nature and wildlife, including all weird and wonderful creatures, formations and phenomenons
- Traditional handcrafts, costumes, architecture, music instruments, folklore
- Virgin Mary, Kwan Yin (Goddess of Mercy)
- Mosques, church altars, Saints, pilgrimages, shrines, monasteries, temples, relics, deities etc. religion related themes
- National memorials, especially those dedicated to veterans and independence
- Anything beer related (my little, secret bad habit)
- Vintage/retro -style ad and travel poster -cards, U.S. WPA Posters -cards
- Art from rock paintings to romantic period in 1800's (modern styles gives me headache)
- Rose Rigden's crazy animal cards (South African).
- Haunted Canada -cards
- Russian Beauty -series, Duane Bryers' "Hilda", pin-up cards etc.
- Cate Blanchett, Catherine Deneuve
- Lord of the Rings
- Coat-of-Arms and other heraldic themes
- Steam powered machinery (ships, trains, tractors, whatever thingamajigs ...)
- Reprints of old cards (or originals) showing people, all kinds
Because I like old things you can also send me older or even "an ancient" postcard.
I always appreciate little information about your local area's everyday life or special/unique/weird "thingys", or small note about the card if there's no English description. If you are artistic I'd be happy receiving small drawings or why not make yourself the whole card ...
N.B. I won't upload backside drawings to any media, they are only mine, mine ... preciousss ...
Like my favorite singer Juice Leskinen wrote : "No one survives the Life", be happy and enjoy what you have.
Congratulations of reaching the end of my babbling ... Peace and respect ;)