A little bit about me: well, I'm in my 40s(! - crikey, it doesn't feel like it!) and live with my husband and two sons in the west of England, near Bath. My passion is languages and I would love to receive a 'hello' or 'best wishes' in your native language(s)! I have dabbled in many but I have listed the ones I know best in my profile.
I love reading, drinking tea(!) and travelling, although the opportunities are limited with school-age children. As to postcard preferences, here's an indicative list in random order:
I would love to receive:
- a card showing what your local area is like: scenery, buildings, water (sea, fountain, lake, river, waterfall, geysir, etc);
- anything to do with your language, culture, traditions, food or sport;
- anything that means something to *you* and the people who live in your country;
- a map of your country/region (preferably in your own language/script);
- cards with jokes on them;
- cards that features a famous international event going on in your part of the world (e.g. Olympics, tennis tournament, cricket contest, arts festival);
- cards that depict a postage stamp from your country;
- cards of vintage posters;
- cards related to Laura Ingalls Wilder;
- cards of famous authors or books *from your own country*;
- cards showing native peoples and cultures;
- cards about the ancient world;
- cards related to the radio programme "Cabin Pressure" (which features Benedict Cumberbatch, Roger Allam, Stephanie Cole and John Finnemore in the leading roles)(see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_Pressure_(radio_series) ).
Having said that, all types of cards *except ad cards* are welcome and, you never know, types I haven't mentioned may turn out to become my favourites!
I enjoy seeing different postage stamps from around the world.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!