Servus, I'm Stefan, I work at a postal service distribution centre.
I love the idea of this project.
I prefer cards with size up to 14,8x10,5cm (I have special sleeves for this size). Please write date on our card and keep copyrightinfo visible.
Feel free to send any card you want.
Some themes I esp. like (random order)
- maps and landscapes
- animals and plants
- science (esp. botanical illustrations)
- lgbt-related, gay/male erotica
- pop-culture (TV-Series, movies, music, brands, Stay calm ...)
- free/ad/selfmadecards welcome
My faves are a hint ... but you don't have to scroll through all of them. I just like to fave ;-)
Special stamps (postcrossing, ...) = yes please
You could write about:
- You and postcrossing: how/why did you start, did you have any cool/weird/annoying experiences so far, what do you like the most, ...
- your favourite ... food (recipe)/film/book/music/poem/part of your city-country-the world
take #2.1 (24.7.15)
u know postcrossing is ur passion when
- u spend more holiday-money on cards than on food
- u forget to visit the must-sees of ur destination because u search for special cards
- ur first stop in a museum is the giftshop, where u leave with 300 cards
- u enter places you never were before, e.g. a soccer-fanshop
take #1.10 (17.1.15): some thoughts after 365 days:
- I really like to search for a card my reciever will like. It's a short trip into the others mind - with a happy end hopefully.
- As a small slob, it always takes some time to find the card I have in mind because my stock never is in order.
- Please use your Favourites-option - It's really helpful!!
- I have to learn to write by hand again (esp. for recievers with different scripts)
- Still I am not used to the shortage of space to write on a postcard
- I don't understand the (sometimes almost impolite strong) opposition to free- and adcards (it's still a gift some stranger is sending to you);
- Some postcrossers use the word NO a lot, e.g. no multiview, no cats, no trees, ... I recommend to focus on the YES. That's far more friendly.
- In summer 2014, I was in the red for the 1st time in 6 years after buying too many cards and stamps
- Waiting time is the hardest time ... work faster, postal services!
Okay - profile info take#1.1:
My name is Stefan. I like to travel, my friends, cinema, food (vegetarian here), concerts, TV-sitcoms, books, ... I'm also kind of number-nerd.
I guess a nice card in the mailbox instead of some boring bills is a nice surprise already.
Some numbers after 2466d
Sent: 2000, distance: 6,636116 km, longest travel: 161 (321)d, 57 different countries (8 oneways)
Received: 2007, distance: 7,002682 km, longest travel: 289d, 58 different countries (9 oneways)
Marked as Favorite: 1219, most votes: 12 (1x)
exp: 10 lost: 53 autom: 6