Servus, I'm Stefan, I work at a postal service distribution centre.
I love the idea of this project. I am happily waiting for your card.
I prefer cards with size up to 14,8x10,5cm (I have special sleeves for this size).
Please write date on your card and keep copyrightinfo visible.
I like cards with (random order)
- maps and landscapes
- animals and plants
- science (esp. botanical illustrations)
- lgbt-related, gay/male erotica
- pop-culture (TV-Series, movies, music, brands, Stay calm ...)
- free/ad/selfmadecards 'allowed'
My faves are a hint ... but you don't have to scroll through all of them. I just like to fave ;-)
Special stamps (postcrossing, ...) = yes please
Things you can write:
- You and postcrossing: how/why did you start, did you have any cool/weird/annoying experiences so far, what do you like the most, ...
- your favourite ... food (recipe)/film/book/music/poem/part of your city-country-the world
take #2.1 (24.7.15)
u know postcrossing is ur passion when
- u spend more holiday-money on cards than on food
- u forget to visit the must-sees of ur destination because u search for special cards
- ur first stop in a museum is the giftshop, where u leave with 300 cards
- u enter places you never were before, e.g. a soccer-fanshop
take #1.10 (17.1.15): some thoughts after 365 days:
- I really like to search for a card my reciever will like. It's a short trip into the others mind - with a happy end hopefully.
- As a small slob, it always takes some time to find the card I have in mind because my stock never is in order.
- Please use your Favourites-option - It's really helpful!!
- I have to learn to write by hand again (esp. for recievers with different scripts)
- Still I am not used to the shortage of space to write on a postcard
- I don't understand the (sometimes almost impolite strong) opposition to free- and adcards (it's still a gift some stranger is sending to you);
- Some postcrossers use the word NO a lot, e.g. no multiview, no cats, no trees, ... I recommend to focus on the YES. That's far more friendly.
- In summer 2014, I was in the red for the 1st time in 6 years after buying too many cards and stamps
- Waiting time is the hardest time ... work faster, postal services!
Okay - profile info take#1.1:
My name is Stefan. I like to travel, my friends, cinema, food (vegetarian here), concerts, TV-sitcoms, books, ... I'm also kind of number-nerd.
I guess a nice card in the mailbox instead of some boring bills is a nice surprise already.
Some numbers after 2,092 days:
Sent: 1,600, distance: 5,296,281, longest travel: 161 (284) d, 54 different countries (8 singles)
Received: 1,595, distance: 5,702,828 km, longest travel: 289 d, 54 different countries (8 singles)
Marked as Favorite: 982, most votes: 11 (3x)
Expired: 13 Lost: 39