Hello! I live in an old, cosy village in the rough north of Germany.
I like reading biographies, politics and society and classical literature. I enjoy nature, the sea and the coastline, wind blowing around trees and the diversity of landscapes. Nature's sounds and silence. Watching the gently moving landscape.
My favourite music is jazz, folk, klezmer, classical and some punk from time to time. I like old stuff that tells stories of times passed long ago and I enjoy walking-tours (and going astray). Art exhibitions, museums, arthouse cinemas. Drinking a cup of tea while doing nothing.
A postcard is a small ambassador from a place far away - from your place! That's why your message and your words are more important than the postcard's picture.
If you prefer to get an idea about what I like, here are some headwords:
- The most bizarre, weird, odd, ugly or grotesque postcard you can find (don't hesitate sending real strange stuff. Everything is allowed :-) )
- Handmade cards and Mail Art envelopes are very welcome
- Things which are not postcards, but sent as a postcard (e.g. tree barks, flattened cans, tickets, beer mats,...)
- Make a photocopy of something interesting, strange or yourself and send it in an envelope
- Politics and society
- Interesting and eccentric people - which doesn't necessarily mean famous people
- Nature and stormy weather, bleak and windswept landscapes
- Sea, harbours, ships, lighthouses (preferable stormy, dark, rough or melancholic atmosphere)
- Subculture, underground, punks, skins, hippies, LGBT etc.
- Mikhail Bulgakov / The Master and Margarita
- Monty Python's
- Bathtubs, showers, toilets, hot water bottles and sauna
- Discworld (Terry Pratchett)
- Bill Murray
- Write me something with your typewriter
- Dadaism, Fluxus
- Mail Art
- Bauhaus, Modernism
- Art nouveau / Art déco
- Typography / Letterpress
- Industrial design
- Land art
May I ask you to put your Postcrossing name onto the card please?
Last but not least - never forget what Olle Hansen says: "You shall beam, not glisten!"