SophieTavlui(or Sonia) is a member in Russia . She has been a member for over 3 years (1,215 days).
Hello, my name is Sonia (or Sophie in French), I'm 22, I'm a linguist by education, I've worked as a translator, English and Russian languages, but recently am unemployed.
At the university I studied foreign literature and two foreign languages: English and French. I really love languages and literature.
I am a feminist.
Previously I had no preferences about postcards I'd like to receive, but then my horizon narrowed)) So if you happen to have a postcard with something of the following, and just don't know what to choose, send it to me, please, if you don't mind :) I'd be very happy to receive postcards with:
- something connected with northern nature, like Icelandic, Norwegian or Swedish: landscapes, plants, animals. It doesn't matter what country you're from;
- animals, especially foxes, deer and snowy (polar) owls;
- anything about sea: lighthouses, ships, compasses;
- spring flowers, especially snowdrops;
- myths-related postcards: fairies, selkie, fairy tales, mythical creatures, esp. Northern myths;
- Harry Potter cards, but only related to the 1st, 2nd or 3rd films;
- ancient manuscripts;
- something connected with feminism and/or LGBTQIA would be cool (please, no nudity, and - if you decide to send something obviously connected to LGBTQIA, if you can, please, put it into an envelope - I'm afraid because of all this "gay propaganda" thing it wouldn't get to me. Sorry about it. It's not me, it Russian government);
- Russian musical folk-rock group Melnitsa;
- I'm also a pretty big fan of Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart (which is a nice way of saying "a crazy fangirl"), so in case... whatever, I know, postcards with them don't exist, anyway... ))
And please, do not apologize for not having postcards with something of the listed :) I wrote the list just in case you don't know what to choose :)
If you want to write a postcard in French, feel free to do so. I still understand some)
WHAT TO WRITE
If you don't know what to write, here are some ideas on what I would like to read:
- Something unusual about you, something that is not written on your profile. What is special about you?
- You don't have to write only positive things. Just tell me the way you feel at the very moment you're writing the postcard, even if you're depressed, angry, frustrated... We're all human beings.
- Anything connected with feminism again.
- When it's time, wishes of happy birthday (September 20th), Merry Christmas and Happy New Year are also very welcome.
- That'd be great if you ask me any question, even a crazy one (nope: ESPECIALLY a crazy one))), I'll try to answer, when I register the card))
If you feel like writing me a letter or if there's just not enough place on the postcard, feel free to do so, I'll be really happy to receive it.
Thank you in advance!