Sonia (or Sophie in French), 24, linguist, translator, interpreter, language nerd, feminist, mudblood, LGBTQ+ ally.
Work in a homophobic and somewhat emotionally toxic environment (my co-workers hate me and I don't care, and we all try very hard to pretend we all like each other, even though we all know better.)
Proudly a translator for It Gets Better Russia.
Avid fanfiction reader (johnlock) and hopefully soon going to be a fanfiction writer.
Probably queer (I mean, definitely queer, just don't know what type of not straight)
I'd be very happy to receive postcards with:
- anything about sea: lighthouses, ships, compasses;
- queer culture postcards (please, no nudity, and – if you decide to send something too obviously gay, if you can, please, put it into an envelope – I'm afraid because of all this "gay propaganda" thing it wouldn't get to me. Sorry about that. It's not me, it's Russian government);
- animals, especially foxes, deer and snowy (polar) owls;
- something with northern nature, like Icelandic, Norwegian or Swedish: landscapes, plants, animals;
- spring flowers, especially snowdrops;
- Russian musical folk-rock group Melnitsa;
- myths-related postcards: fairies, selkie, mythical creatures, esp. Northern myths;
- Harry Potter cards, but only related to the 1st, 2nd or 3rd films;
- something connected with feminism
- something connected to Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart
- postcards with augmented reality;
If you want to write a postcard in French, feel free to do so. I still understand some)
WHAT TO WRITE
If you don't know what to write, here are some ideas on what I would like to read:
- What is special about you?
- You don't have to write only positive things. Just tell me the way you feel at the very moment you're writing the postcard, even if you're depressed, angry, frustrated... We're all humans.
- Anything connected with feminism or queer culture.
- When it's time, wishes of happy birthday (September 20th), Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and other holidays are also very welcome.
- That'd be great if you ask me any question, even a crazy one (nope: ESPECIALLY a crazy one))), I'll try to answer, when I register the card))
If you feel like writing me a letter or if there's just not enough place on the postcard, feel free to do so, I'll be really happy to receive it.
I did put that I don't want direct swaps, but I would be happy to make friends. I'm a little too impatient to write handwritten letters all the time, so maybe it would be easier for me to do email, Twitter, vk or something like that) So you can send me a message if you like my profile
Thank you in advance!