My name is Anja and I live in Göttingen, central Germany.
I LOVE reading, learning languages, travelling, and writing letters to my penfriends.
Besides collecting postcards I collect bookmarks and first names (if you don't know what to write tell me about some unusual names you know).
I'm interested in a lot of subjects like history, archaeology, geography, ethnology, science, foreign countries, football/soccer (Bayer 04 Leverkusen!)...
Please write something on the card, more than just "Greetings from..." and "Happy Postcrossing". It's so much more fun to learn something about you, your country, what is seen on the card, or whatever you can think of.
From countries with IDs 5 digits or less I'd LOVE to get a beautiful card of the landscape or a cityview of that country (if it is a UNESCO site - even better!).
These are the types of cards I collect and I'd be extra happy for any addition to my collections:
* anything related to football (soccer!): balls, related quotes, children or animals playing football, World Cups/European Championships, cartoons...
From Finland: In the unlikely case you'd find a Sami Hyypiä card to send me you'd make me superhappy!
* UNESCO WHS; still missing these: http://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=41274#pid2682408 but any UNESCO site is welcome!
* all kind of maps and planet earth
* Astrid Lindgren cards (illustrations & movies)
* Rolf Lidbergs trolls
* Swedish "tomte"-Christmascard (Curt Nyström, Jenny Nyström, Ingrid Elf...)
* Inge Löök's Old Ladies
Other subjects I really like to get cards of (preferably singleviews):
* rock art (like rock carvings and rock drawings)
* beautiful city views, night views
* beautiful beach scenes & landscapes
* historical buildings
* (new) cards showing really old photos of landscapes, cities, buildings, native people
* anything archaeological
* traditional sceneries, traditional villages/towns (no paintings)
* Krtek, Winnie the Pooh, Sendung mit der Maus, Sandmännchen (the German one) and similar cartoon characters
* wild animals like elephants, giraffes, lions, tigers, gorillas...
* food, recipes
* Atelier Nouvelles Images FOOD cards
Or have a look at my favourites
There's two types of cards I really DON'T like:
- ad cards (football-related/map-related ads are fine, though)
- art, including landscape paintings
And please no glitter (hate that stuff) or 3D-cards (they are nice but looking at them makes me feel sick)
Ich bin kein Fan von Harenberg-Kalenderpostkarten
Please NO touchnote cards or similar!
I'm always open for swaps for cards of UNESCO sites still missing in my collection