I'm a 31 year old archaeologist and emergency medical technician.
In 2011 I moved with my husband to Reno, NV and left Germany behind. Postcrossing took a huge backseat at that time. I didn't have a steady address for a while and I was busy setting up my life in a new country.
Now I am the proud mom of a wonderful toddler and also opened our house to foster children from our community. It's so wonderful to get postcards from all over the world and share them with our children. It teaches them about countries that they sometimes never even heard off.
Our postcard preferences:
- funny and witty cards
- art and paintings (Realism, Symbolism and artists like J.W. Waterhouse, Draper, Caspar David Friedrich, Klimt and Munch)
- history and archaeology (old ruins, castles and old houses), we love to frame those cards and hang them on the wall in the staircase
- old and new photographs of people in traditional clothing
- STAR WARS, Disney and Ghibli movies
- the boys love superheroes a lot
Just check my favorites if you can't think of something. We are always happy about any kind of cards. Thank you so much in advance.
Send us some of your favorite quotes or tell us about yourself. If you send us a postcard featuring a historical site, tell us a story about it.
We would also enjoy one or two sentences in your native language.
If you are from Japan: I personally love cards featuring statues of Shinto 神道 gods and temples. I also like Maikos and Geisha.