I'm a 30-something woman from eastern Finland.
I became interested of postcrossing, because I like buying different kinds of cards, but I can't possibly send them all to relatives or friends, they'd think I'm crazy. :)
I like reading, all kind of books really, but fantasy is my favorite genre. You can send me book suggestions if you like. :) Also please tell me what book you are reading right now, if you are reading something. Or you can write on the postcard what song are you listening to while writing my card. :)
Any card you choose to send is fine, but if you have a hard time to come up with something, here are some tips:
- Animal cards: especially foxes, wolves, bats, owls, cats, dogs, cows and horses
- Funny cards, like comic characters (Garfield, Snoopy, Hagar the Horrible...) or ones with a joke (if it's in your language, please translate. :))
- Cards from a local (historical) view or sights, especially castles, cemeteries, ossuaries..
- Charity-cards, especially cards that fund WWF of other organizations that work for the good of environment or animals.
- Mythical creatures, like dragons, witches, vampires or faeries.
- Cards that are dark, macabre, strange, mystical...
- Cards about books, clocks, liquor or movies.
- Vintage / Black-and-white / Pin-up (sexy/erotic are also acceptable)
- Recipe-cards, (especially from Finland).
- Send me a postcard about forest, tree species, or write something about forests or trees of your country. Also you can tell me something about wildlife management or hunting in your country.
- FROM FINLAND: Pettson och Findus (Viiru ja Pesonen), Mamma Mu och Kråkan (Mimmi-lehmä ja varis) also Mauri Kunnas and Kaj Stenvall, Inge Löök-cards are happily accepted.
- FROM USA: State-cards or Where's Waldo/Wally-cards.
- FROM JAPAN: Totoro or Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
- ...OR you can surprise me. I’ll be happy to receive any card you choose to send me!
And if you have any fox or wolf stamps, I would be thrilled! Animal stamps in general are a really nice surprise! Also I'm trying to collect owl-stamps, so if you can send me one, I'd be really happy!
So, I'm really looking forward to start sending postcards to you all! Hope I'll get some back too. :)
PS: My birthday is in August, so if you happen to send me a card around that time, I would love to get a birthday-card!