hello fellow postcrossers!
we're a busy family of 5.
sonja is studying natural health, does yoga and pilates, and has a special interest in spirituality and religions ... and she's the one writing and sending all the postcards while the rest of the family specializes in receiving postcards :)
stefan is also studying natural health. he's a goldsmith by profession and a big fan of kurt cobain
roman (11) loves basketball and legos, star wars and mystery stories
simon (8) loves to be creative. he also likes cooking and baking, playing soccer and basketball with his friends
sophie (will be 2 in september) is the baby and loves to be spoilt by everybody. she likes animals, books and playing in the sandbox.
we're looking forward to receiving great postcards from all over the world, and any card is welcome. we also notice and appreciate pretty stamps.
we'd love for you to explain a little about what's depicted on the postcard and what it means to you, or why you chose it for us.
we put all postcards we receive up on our postcard walls in the kitchen and in the family room.
we notice that _single view_ cards are simply the best to display.
our special interests:
- cultural heritage, history (customs, traditional outfits)
- famous sights and architecture (single view or detail)
- folk tales, legends, myths, fairy tales
- traditional jewelry, artist metalwork, historical and antique jewelry
- people, scenes of (everyday) life
- spiritual themes, religious history (temples, sacred sites, gods, icons, saints, martyrs)
- eastern, asian culture
- chinese zodiac signs, especially DRAGON, snake, rabbit, horse and monkey
- dragons anyways (mythical, mystical, spiritual)
- the universe, space (views of and from space, galaxies, planets etc.)
- stunning views of nature
- rare animals, or animals exclusive to your country/region
- great colorful cards that catch the eye (like of candies, fruit, spices, balloons, yarn, .... you name it)
- a postcard of a picture that you took yourself and that means a lot to you
check out our favorites for more ideas.
if none of these suggestions speak to you, just surprise us and send us a card YOU think will be great for us!
we love to learn about other countries and the people who live there. if you can write a card that tells us a little bit about yourself, what's important to you in your life, what you do, what you love, what you dream of... that would be great!
we love when you write as much as you can squeeze on the card. :)
ps: do you have a "hidden gem" postcard? a rare motive that is difficult to come by, or a picture you took yourself and made into a postcard that shows something about your country that's less famous, rather unknown/unseen by foreigners? we love those hidden gems and would be happy, if you share them with us!!