Roaming_Cat(or Alena) is a member in Belarus . She has been a member for over 3 years (1,112 days).
Hello! My name is Lena (Alena in documents, but Lena in daily life), I live in Minsk and recently started a career in IT. I love travelling, but don't do it a lot at the moment. So I travel virtually via postcrossing))
One of my biggest passions is craft and handmade things of all kinds. I hope one day I'll be good enough to sell what I make :) So far you can take a look at some of the things I made in my instagram @ot_sovy.
I also adore dancing (medieval and Belarusian folk dances), I listen to rock, metal, folk and sometimes classical music, and visit festivals, concerts.
If it's no problem for you, of course, I'd be happy to receive postcards with:
- national ornaments, crafts, costumes;
- masterpieces of art of your culture;
- local food/drinks;
- folklore characters (dwarves, elves, witches, etc.);
- Lord of the Rings and Hobbit;
- Game of Thrones;
- Inge Löök's artwork;
- festivals or carnivals from your country or neighbourhood;
- map cards (like old-timey world maps);
- cat and owl illustrations (not actual photos please);
- anything related to music (artists, instruments).
- holiday cards from less active postcrossing countries (the more exotic the better :) )
- any kind of maxicards.
I don't mind postcards in envelopes, but only if you can't send the card otherwise or if you want to add something to it. Don't spend extra money, it's ok if it arrives a bit shabby :)
Recently I took an interest in EUROPA stamps, so it'd be nice to see some on your cards; and, of course, postcrossing stamps if they're issued in your country.
As for the suggestions what to write, tell me what you can get in your area as a kind of souvenir, but more practical like clothing, tableware, body care products from local ingredients, ect.?
Thank you and happy postcrossing :)