Hello from Berlin!
I studied literature & history and now work as a historian. My hobbies are, among others, arts (photography, painting, drawing, writing), collecting (minerals & fossils, stamps, elongated coins), urban exploration & travelling.
Postcard themes I love most:
- cemeteries, ossuaries, catacombs
- ruins (from ancient to modern), for example old castles, churches or temples, but also abandoned factories or hospitals
- melancholy, dark or "gothic" things & places (also memento mori, vanitas, dance of the dead)
- mythology (especially Finnish, Norse, Slavic and Asian)
- your country's festivities (for example Holi, Chinese New Year, Tabanata, St. Lucia Day, Halloween, Dia de Muertos, Krampustag)
- angel sculptures
- foo dog sculptures (shishi, koma-inu)
- Chinese lion & dragon dance
- unusual looking mountains (like the Lipu mountains in CN, the Pravčická brána in CZ or the Elb-Sandstein-Gebirge in DE)
- airships / zeppelins
- these animals: owls, ravens, foxes (especially arctic fox), tropical fish, pufferfish, ocean sunfish (mola), martens (weasels, ferrets), small birds, Pomeranian & other Spitz dogs (Keeshond, Volpino, Spets, Shiba Inu)
- these plants: lily of the valley, Ginkgo, carnivorous plants, big & old trees
- fantasy art by Igor Arty, Victoria Frances, Joseph Vargo or similar
- paintings & drawings by John Atkinson Grimshaw, Nicolai Kochergin, Friedrich Hechelmann, Zdzisław Beksiński, Heinrich Füssli, HW Sahm, Grzegorz Chudy, Gustave Moreau
- drawings or paintings showing male(!) mythological or fantasy creatures, especially elves, mermen, ghosts, nature/elemental spirits
- "The Elder Scrolls" video game series (Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, TESO,...)
- cards from my favorites (these are cards I hope I will receive some day)
- "Greetings from" cards from PostalLove, from country of origin (I already have: KR, EE, AT, DE, FI, FR, NL; German States: Sax-A)
- cards made of an unusual material, like cork, metal, textile
I'm also searching for postcards showing these places:
- Japan: Fox Village in Miyagi
- Ukraine: Ghost town of Pripyat
If you're from FINLAND, I would love to receive a card which shows cloudberries (lakka), small weasel (lumikko), Finnish Spitz (Suomenpystykorva), Lapinkoira, nothern lights (revontulet, aurora borealis), or some beautiful landscape view :)
But don't worry if you don't have a card from these themes! In that case I would be very happy if you could send me a nice view card. I love city (traditional architecture, mostly) or landscape views, especially snowy, foggy or night views, or views with a colorful sky. But of course you can send me other cards, too. I will register all! :)
Themes I do NOT like:
- Violence against animals or people (if it's part of a mythological story or old painting it's okay)
- Dead animals (taxidermy, fur, food). On historical paintings / old photos it's okay. Animal mummies and fossils are, of course, okay too.
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!