My name is Olga, I am 40 years old and I live in Moscow, the capital of Russia.
My elder daughter Elena (she is 14 years old) helps me with postcrossing. She is learning English and she likes to do it. So I hope that it will be interesting for her and me to receive messages from all over the world.
I also like learning languages, but unfortunately my second foreign language, French, is not so fine to speak and write fluently. But if French is your native language, please write me in French.
I like travelling too. When I go to some country I always try to learn some words from its native language.
This year Elena started learning German at school, so and I decided to learn it myself to be able to help her if necessary.
We would love if you write something on a postcard. Something about you, your life, your country or hometown, something in your language (with translation into English), something about the postcard you picked or whatever you want.
We will be glad if you can send us of these cards:
- views of your country and its towns, including old-time views (first half of XX century and earlier), painted landscapes, UNESCO World Heritage Sites of your country;
- seasonal greeting cards from your country;
- with something typical and traditional for your country;
- with maps of the region, city, country, metro etc.
- images of animals, especially dogs, cats, horses and rodents.
We have got the Yorkshire terrier named Angel, Leonberger Kim, and the maine coon cat Dina at home. Our beloved Bernese mountain dog has gone over the Rainbow bridge recently. We would like to receive the pictures of these breeds. We are especially fond of cards with drawn cats;
- pictures of the incomparable Audrey Hepburn, my favourite actress,
- cards with Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker,
Hello Kitty, Totoro (and other heroes by Miyazaki),
Krtek (The Mole), Pettson&Findus, Jip&Janneke,
Paddington Bear, Moomins for my daughters.
- images of windmills - My husband and I like windmills and collect various objects with them. And also I would like to collect "Speurkaart" by Charlotte Dematons (you can see received at my wall).
- post boxes and letter boxes - I liked them even before joining postcrossing. Being abroad I always try to make a photo of me together with local postboxes.
- everything connected with secrets, spies, secret agents and counter-espionage.
- Multiples by Atelier Nouvelle images - its a good way to improve my French.
- Keep Calm United States, if you are from the USA.
Or just send a card what you like. All cards are welcome!
We would also appreciate if you could put the date on the postcard and nice stamps.
Looking forward to receive a card from you. :)
Olga & Elena