Greetings fellow postcrosser(s)
I’m a 25 year old from Split, Croatia. I study English language and History at the Faculty of Philosophy in my home town. I enjoy reading books (especially sf, fantasy and historical ones), comics and manga, learning about traditions and history of different cultures, listening to music (soundtracks and classical music are my favourite genres, but I listen to almost everything), watching good movies and cartoons. I also love photography and I'm an amateur photographer. One of my passions is writing and I write a lot: short texts, long texts, sms, blog entries – if I'm in the mood I'll write. Apart from writing I have a passion for learning languages, besides Croatian and English I know a bit of Italian and Japanese.
I like all kinds of postcards; I’m really not picky about that. But if you really have trouble choosing a postcard here’s a few tips:
- Landscapes are always welcome weather they’re single or multi views
- Anything you find interesting from your town/village, or country such as monuments, places of worship, palaces, castles etc.
- Nature and protected areas such as national parks, strict reserves/wilderness areas, natural monuments
- Cards showing museum artefacts or any card museum related cards
- Something funny
- People, especially in traditional costumes
- Flowers and animals
- Anything related to history and historical events
- Archaeological cards
- WWII related cards
If you don’t know what to write on the card feel free to draw something, put some sticker on, or write a few words in your own language with English translation – I would really appreciate that. It would really mean the world to me if you can write a few sentences about the history of your country or the place where you live. It may seem boring to you, but that just might be the most interesting thing in the world to me. Or if you have a complete writer's block :-) just write what you know about Croatia or what’s on the card.
I register my cards the same day that I receive them. :-) I appreciate and treasure every card I get, so have fun and happy postcrossing.