Nature-Lover(or Julie) is a member in Canada . She has been a member for over 9 years (3,560 days).
I love nature and all wildlife and I have worked in Forest and Wildlife research for over 20 years.
I enjoy collecting postcards with interesting postage stamps from all over the world. I love Real Photo postcards of any size or shape, both single & multi-view, and especially of any of the following subjects:
• a postcard from my Favourites, I don't have any of them yet, but I would LOVE to add them to my postcard collection: http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Nature-Lover/gallery/favourites
• Animals & Birds
• Beautiful landscapes
• National Parks
• UNESCO Sites
• Maps / Flags
• Postal Love's Greetings from...
• Butterflies & Moths
• Winter is my favourite season (I love snowy scenes)
• Natural phenomena (Northern Lights, storms, etc.)
• Tundra & Alpine regions
• Arctic/Antarctic regions
• Mountainous areas
• Trees, Flowers & other unique plants
• Autumn scenery
• Travel Posters like: https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/US-3930273
• Windows, doors & interesting streets
• Historical areas of your city
• Aerial or street view of your city
• Anything related to the post office (e.g. postboxes)
• Somewhere you've visited and recommend
• Indigenous peoples
• Interesting Facts Postcards (e.g. "Did You Know")
• Then & Now Postcards
• Vintage black & white real photo postcards
• Anything to do with the First World War (including cemeteries)
• Chinese New Year Postcards
• Calendar postcards
• John Denver (my favourite singer)
• Tuxedo Cats (I have a pet Tuxedo Cat, that's him on CA-474171)
• Christmas postcards (at any time of the year)
• Lisi Martin Christmas postcards (I love her pictures!)
• postcards showing Cameras (I collect vintage film cameras)
• Photo postcards (postcards made from your own photographs)
• Asian ink drawings/paintings
• Native American Paintings like:
Postcards I am not really fond of are:
• Art (paintings, drawings, etc.), but I do like Asian & Native artwork
• Ad cards
• Cartoons (I prefer real photo postcards)
• postcards with a typed message
I would be REALLY happy if you sent the postcard, dated with interesting stamps and information, and not in an envelope. If you do send the postcard in an envelope then please use interesting stamps on the envelope so I can transfer them to the card.
One idea to write about is the weather and whether it is normal or very different for this time of the year. I have a strong interest in the climate around the world.
****PLEASE DO NOT write the Postcrossing ID number near the postage stamps. The postal cancellation mark often makes it impossible to read the number.
****PLEASE write the ID number clearly and legibility. If I cannot read the ID number it delays me registering your postcard.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. I will register your postcard as soon as I receive it and scan it in too.