It is always difficult to summarize one's life in a short space, but here goes! I share my flat with two lovely cats and I teach English and German at a local high school. I have always loved stationery, paper and letter writing although I only have one active penpal at the moment. Time is at a premium, so I am looking forward to postcrossing as a less time-consuming option.
Live in Denmark now, but have lived abroad for years: Luzern, Switzerland; New Jersey, USA + München, Germany. As a teacher, I read quite a bit, especially English literature, but my hobbies include dancing classical ballet, playing Baroque music on the treble recorder, stamping + papercrafting. I also knit, crochet and make jewellery, but there's only so much time, so right now these interests have been placed on the back-burner.
I would love to hear a funky fact about you. This is always my opener when I see classes for the first time. It is great fun and it sometimes allows a glimpse into the person behind the mask. Mine is that I am fascinated by the Empress Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary.
Any card that you choose will be a pleasure to receive. However, these are some of my favourite things:
- animals (especially cats & quokkas)
- classical ballet / dance in general
- jewellery (esp. fine jewellery i.e. the kind with gorgeous gems)
- castles + historic buildings
- dragons & gargoyles
- ancient Egyptian art and artefacts
- historical Asian art + artefacts
- Geisha + kanzashi + cherry blossoms
- Native Americans & First Peoples
- medieval art and artefacts
- vintage & historical women's fashion
- arts and crafts (e.g. knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, ATC etc.)
- homemade cards are welcome... Because you made them!
But really, anything you send will be appreciated :-)
I look forward to exchanging postcards with many like-minded souls!