my name is Mimmo and I live in Genoa. The region where I live, Liguria, is formed by an arch of high mountains that plunge into the sea. From the mountains, which in some cases are over 2000 meters high, you can see the blue of the sea.
I am an atheist, in the past I worked as a volunteer on environmental and political and social issues, but for some years I have had to suspend these activities for family reasons.
I love to read, I also read while walking - fortunately, for now, I have not yet banged my nose against a wall :) - and I only read paper books, essays, novels, comics, etc.
I don't like traveling a lot, never books, just like postcrossing, have allowed me to shoot and get to know the world and, through some authors, real "falling in love" was born, so much so that I try to study some languages like Portuguese, Norwegian, French, Occitan and Greek. In general, however, the results have been rather poor, but I enjoyed myself and something more than these languages and these countries remained.
Unfortunately my knowledge of English is also not good, but for postcrossing there is the great help of Google translator :)
I really like cooking and having a lot of friends at dinner, I like having them around the table and there are usually between 12 and 15 people, but I have reached 25, and for me they are beautiful occasions for conviviality and sharing.
Receiving postcards is a great pleasure. Every postcard is really welcome and to think that you have dedicated some of your time to me is a real honor for me and I thank you. Feel free to send me what you like most.
But if you are undecided and want some information, below you will find some ideas:
- panoramas or images of the place where you live (preferably with a single image because I also like to see the details of the photo and learn more about the place you are showing me);
- wolves or owls (proud and mysterious animals, in my imagination);
- Existentialism (Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone De Beauvoir, Albert Camus, etc.) which for me was a moment of personal growth;
- the Citroën 2CV and DS and the Renault 4 (childhood memories);
- Bruce Springsteen (source of musical humanity) and, if you live in California, GMCLA (they are very good);
- I'm not a big sports lover but I have some friends who love and practice rugby and in dinners with friends we often talk about this sport too, your postcard would be an opportunity to bring it to the table with us :) - so too, if you are Norwegian, a postcard on the MFK would be a great joy - Jo Nesbø left the mark :)
- all issues related to rights: human rights, labor rights, women's rights, LGBT * rights, right to study, etc.
- Mafalda, Peanuts, Asterix.
They are just ideas, but you send me what you like best (if possible, do not insert it in an envelope because I like that the postcard has its travel stamp) and tell me something about you, your thoughts or the place where you live.