My name is Merle and I have recently moved to the beautiful city of Hamburg in order to study here to become a teacher in Physics and Geography.
I am a very curious person, there are so many questions I ask myself during the day and in the evening, I forget to research them. :) Our world is so fascinating and I love to find out more about! My studies do a great job helping me with that. :)
I have been writing a lot since I learned it. I started with letters to my mother, continued with penpals later and when I was nearly 15, I discovered Postcrossing. I was and am absolutely thrilled about it!
I also like spending time on reading books and newspapers, cooking, baking, travelling, and I still try to find my talent in drawing. ;)
You can show me everything you want with your postcard. I prefer single view over multi view, but everything is fine! Each postcard I receive will find a place on my walls. :)
If you need some inspiration, here are some of my favourite motives:
- illustrations and art -> e.g. drawn animals, flowers, paintings, ...
- colorful postcards
- fantastic nature views: sunset/sunrise, beautiful light, meadows, mountains, woods, lakes, sea, ...
- animals -> e.g. wolves, African wildlife, dogs, horses, cute animals ...
- photography, close-ups, black&white
- a piece of everyday life
- sweets, e.g. cupcakes, cake, chocolate, ...
- Game of Thrones characters
Don't worry if you don't have a postcard that fits my favourite motives from above - I will be happy about each postcard I get! I like being surprised. :)
Plus, I scan and upload every postcard I receive.
Please write a personal message on the back! It's even more important to me than the image. And please include your name and the date. :) Thank you!
Here are some ideas you could write about and which I am interested in:
1. What made you happy today?
2. Tell me a story, for example a memory or experience you had with people / animals / the nature / …
3. Do you have a special interest in something?
4. What was the first trip you ever made, e.g. with your family? Where did you go, what memories do you have of it?
Feel free to tell me everything you want, use the space you have! If you speak Spanish or Italian, I will appreciate it if you write in these languages! :)
I am also always happy about little drawings on the postcard, so live your creative side! :) Or surprise me with your postcard in any way that comes to your mind!
I think sending a postcard is not just sending a postcard to someone. It's spending time on choosing a postcard that fits best and it's finding the right words to fill its blank side. So thank you for spending time on sending a postcard to me!
I am looking forward to receiving your postcard!
Thank you for reading my profile!