My name is Merle and I have just moved to the beautiful city of Hamburg in order to study here to become a teacher in Physics and Geography. My passion is capturing thoughts and moments. This includes writing - I have been writing a lot since I learned it. I started with letters to my mother, continued with penpals later and at the age of 11 I started writing my own stories. When I was nearly 15, I discovered Postcrossing. I was and am absolutely thrilled about it. And if it wasn't such an expensive hobby, I would have written thousands of postcards by now. ;)
I also like spending time on reading books, making movies and I still try to find my talent in drawing. ;)
You can show me everything you want with your postcard. I prefer single view over multi view, but everything is fine!
If you need some inspiration, here are some of my favourite motives:
- illustrations and art -> e.g. drawn animals, flowers, paintings, ...
- colourful postcards
- fantastic nature views: sunset/sunrise, beautiful light, meadows, mountains, woods, lakes, sea, ...
- animals -> e.g. wolves, African wildlife, dogs, horses, cute animals ...
- a piece of everyday life
- sweets, e.g. cupcakes, cake, chocolate, ...
Don't worry if you don't have a postcard that fits my favourite motives from above - I will be happy about each postcard I get! I like being surprised. :)
Plus, I scan and upload every postcard I receive.
Please write a personal message on the back! It's even more important to me than the image. And please include your name and the date. :) Thank you!
Here are some ideas you could write about and which I am interested in:
1. What is the most beautiful thing you've seen today?
2. Tell me one fact about your country nobody seems to know.
3. Do you have something like a bucket list? And have you already done something from that list? (Maybe not only countries you want to visit - it can be anything!)
4. Tell me about a special experience you had with people / animals / the nature / …
5. Tell me a random memory. It doesn't have to be something really special, just one little moment you remember.
Feel free to tell me everything you want, use the space you have! If you speak Spanish or Italian, I will appreciate it if you write in these languages! :)
I am also always happy about little drawings on the postcard, so live your creative side! :) Or surprise me with your postcard in any way that comes up your mind!
I think sending a postcard is not just sending a postcard to someone. It's spending time on choosing a postcard that fits best and it's finding the right words to fill its blank side. So thank you for spending time on sending a postcard to me!
I am looking forward to receiving your postcard!
Thank you for reading my profile!