My name is Merle and I have recently moved to the beautiful city of Hamburg in order to study here to become a teacher in physics and geography.
I am a very curious person. Our world is so fascinating and I love to find out more about it! My studies do a great job helping me with that. :)
When I was nearly 15, I discovered Postcrossing. I was and am absolutely thrilled about it!
I also like spending time on reading books and newspapers, cooking, baking, travelling, and I still try to find my talent in drawing and handcrafting. ;)
You can show me everything you want with your postcard. I prefer single view over multi view, but everything is fine! Each postcard I receive will find a place on my walls. :)
If you need some inspiration, here are some of my favourite motives (or have a look at my favourites):
- photography, close-ups, black&white, people, fashion, dance, ballet
- illustrations and art
- colourful postcards
- a piece of everyday life
- beautiful nature views: sunset/sunrise, beautiful light, meadows, mountains, woods, lakes, sea, ...
- animals -> wildlife, horses, cute animals ...
- sweets, e.g. cupcakes, cake, chocolate, ...
- decoration, handwork
- movies or series (Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, ...)
- Inge Löök, Loes Botman
- Queen (band)
- Christmas and birthday cards in December
Don't worry if you don't have a postcard that fits my favourite motives from above - I will be happy about each postcard I get! I like being surprised. :)
Please write a personal message on the back! It's even more important to me than the image. And please include your name and the date. :) Thank you!
Here are some ideas you could write about and which I am interested in:
1. What made you happy or sad today?
2. Tell me a story, for example a memory or experience you had with people / animals / the nature / …
3. Do you like to cook / bake? What was your biggest kitchen screw up? Or your greatest success in kitchen?
4. What was the first trip you ever made, e.g. with your family? Where did you go, what memories do you have of it?
5. If you had a lot of money, what would you buy?
6. Is there something positive that happened to you due to the pandemic?
Feel free to tell me everything you want, use the space you have! If you speak Spanish or Italian, I will appreciate if you write in these languages! :)
I am also always happy about little drawings on the postcard, so live your creative side! :) Or surprise me with your postcard in any way that comes to your mind!
I am looking forward to receiving your postcard!