Merle13(or Merle) is a member in Germany . She has been a member for over 3 years (1,161 days).
My name is Merle and I live in a small village in Northern Germany. My passion is capturing thoughts and moments. This includes writing - I have been writing a lot since I taught it myself when I was only 4 years old. I started with letters to my mother, continued with penpals later, and at the age of 11 I began writing my own books which I still like to do. When I was nearly 15, I discovered Postcrossing. I was and am absolutely thrilled about it. And if it wasn't such an expensive hobby, I would have written thousands of postcards until now. ;)
I also like spending time on reading books, making movies and I am still trying to find my talent in drawing. ;)
I think sending a postcard is not just sending a postcard to someone. It's spending time on choosing a postcard that fits best and it's finding the right words to fill its blank side. So thank you for spending time on sending a postcard to me!
You can show me everything you want with your postcard. I prefer single view over multi view, but everything is fine!
If you need some inspiration, here are my favourite themes:
- fantastic nature views: sunset/sunrise, beautiful light, meadows, mountains, woods, lakes, sea, ...
- art -> especially water colours, aquarell, paintings etc.
- colourful postcards
- animals -> e.g. wolves, African wildlife, dogs, horses, ...
- a card showing a piece of everyday life
- sweets, e.g. cupcakes, cake, chocolate, ...
Don't be worried if you don't have a postcard that fits my favourite motives from above - I will be happy about each postcard I get! I like getting surprised. :)
Plus, I scan and upload every postcard I receive!
I will be really happy about a postcard with a few words written by you! And please include the date. :) Thank you!
I would love to receive answers to the following questions (you can choose one or two or as many as you wish!):
1. What is the most beautiful thing you've seen today?
2. Tell me one fact about your country nobody seems to know
3. Do you have something like a bucket list? And have you already done something from that list? (Maybe not only countries you want to visit - it can be anything!)
4. If you have some recommendation for travelling in France and Italy, that would be awesome! My boyfriend and I are planning to go on a road trip in summer. :)
5. Tell me about a special experience you had with people / animals / the nature / ...
Feel free to tell me everything you want to! Some words make a postcard looking less empty - use the space you have! Also, you can try a few words in German if you are able to. And if you speak Spanish, Swedish or Italian, I will appreciate it if you write in these languages! :)
I am also always happy about little drawings on the postcard, so live your creative side! :) Or surprise me with your postcard in any way that comes up your mind!
I am looking forward to receiving your postcard!