Hi! I am a Certified Financial Planner at a big financial firm by day, and an artist by night, in my mid 30s, in New York City. I sell my postcards at http://mnjohn.com. If you're in the US, you might have seen my face in a Postcrossing ad!
My artist instagram is @mnjohncards and my Postcrossing instagram is @postcrossingmeowsha. Either one is good to add if you'd like to be friends!
I love jokes, puns, funny cartoons, humorous anecdotes, and wit of all kinds, from the benign to the raunchy. My favorite cards are ones that make me laugh. Everyone has a humor unique to them - what is yours?
Please feel free to write in Russian or German.
My collection is postcards with jokes written on them! I would love it if you write a joke in your native language or a typical joke of your country or region.
If you're not a joker, and that's OK, here's some prompts for your card:
- How did you and your spouse meet? Did you like each other right away?
- Are your neighbors doing anything weird?
- Tell me your feelings about current events, big or small. Imagine someone 200 years from now, finding your postcard in my attic. What should they know about you in 2022?
All postcards are wonderful and make me smile! Don't apologize if you don't have something on my "list"! Your card is a GIFT!
I like 4x6" (10x15cm) cards better than oversize, and prefer them sent "naked and stamped" with no envelope. But sometimes people like to write a LOT, and that requires the envelope, and I understand. I treasure it when you write a lot.
I love to be surprised by postcards and like every one regardless of themes. A postcard is a little piece of you, sent to me. But here are the cards that will make me jump up and down:
- Potatoes! Any postcard with a potato!
- Banking / Finance / Taxation / Investing / Credit / Money
- Encouraging / Wise Sayings - even better, in your language!
-Jokes and Funny Cartoons in Other Languages
- Trains or Container Ships
- Feminine Queer Art