Hi! I am a financial advisor by day, and an artist by night, in my mid 30s, in New York City. I sell my postcards at http://mnjohn.com and on Etsy, and I'm proud to report that I have talked many artist friends into getting their artwork on postcards as well! I bought some ads on Postcrossing, so keep an eye out for those!
I moved to NYC in 2012 from small-town Ohio, depressed and unable to find work in Ohio during the great recession. New York has been an adventure with lots of highs and lows, finding and losing and finding love, experiencing both poverty and (others') unimaginable wealth, creating magical friendships, and making dreams come true fueled by hard work and hope.
I can tell you where the best pizza is in NYC, and how to get a great view of the Statue of Liberty without paying $20 for the tour boat.
I think that postcards are a wonderful, affordable way to share art and culture with others. I've learned so much about the world through Postcrossing!
My collection is postcards with jokes written on them! I would love it if you write a joke in your native language or a typical joke of your country or region.
If you're not a joker, and that's OK, here's some prompts for your card:
- If you could give a lot to only one charity, which one would you choose? Why?
- Tell me about your family, your pets, your dreams, or a goal you are working towards.
- How did you and your spouse meet? Did you like each other right away?
- Something quirky from the local news of your hometown. Have your neighbors gotten up to anything weird?
- Your feelings about current events - today's news is temporary, but your postcard will be kept forever, so let's immortalize your feelings!
- What your version of a perfect world looks like
- Your favorite quote, song lyric, a verse from your Holy book, or any other words that are very important
- Something outright wacky and wild that makes no sense at all! :P
All postcards are wonderful and make me smile!
I like 4x6" (10x15cm) cards better than oversize, and sent "naked and stamped" with no envelope.
I love to be surprised by postcards and like every one regardless of themes. A postcard is a little piece of you, sent to me. But here are the cards that will make me jump up and down:
- Banking / Finance / Taxation / Investing / Credit / Money - these ones get hung up at my work desk and shown off to my coworkers at the financial firm
- Encouraging / Wise Sayings - even better, in your language!
-Jokes and Funny Cartoons in Other Languages
- Funny cats: I just love cats