Hello, I am Joel!
I live in Saint Louis, Missouri, in the heart of the American Midwest. I live alone, in the service of two gray tabby cats named Arlo and Danny. I love to ride my bike (weather permitting), read, and watch films. I am currently attempting to learn how to play the ukulele, and also Spanish on Duolingo
I am a cook, but I hope to eventually travel abroad teaching English as a second language. Until then, I see the world through your postcards.
I especially love art, so any postcards with:
-architecture (photographs of doors, windows, steps, and other objects)
...etc. would be nice.
I especially love Art Nouveau illustration, traditional Chinese ink painting, Japanese prints, and I have a mad desire to collect all of Van Gogh's paintings, and all of Hokusai's "36 views of Mt. Fuji" series.
If you are artistically inclined, please draw me a picture!
I am a lover of British pop culture, so any cards with the Beatles, Monty Python, James Bond, Doctor Who, the Goodies, the Kinks, 'Withnail & I', etc. would be greatly appreciated.
As a cook, I am always searching for new dishes to prepare; any recipes from your homeland are welcome!
* Please tell me a few things about where you live and what you love about it; If I visit your town, where should I go? Is there a museum, church, park, café or anything that I must see?
* Tell me about one of the books that has influenced you most.
* Is there a film or TV show you like to watch over and over again?
* Do you have a favorite artist or work of art? What is your favorite music?
* Where are you sitting while writing your card? Do you prefer writing at home? Or maybe at a café? Describe the view or the people around you.
*Tell me about your hobbies, what kind of pet you have or anything else you would like me to know about you.
I am so excited to read your postcard!