My name is Mariana and I'm 40. I am from Brody, Ukraine and I teach at a local school.
I'm an easy-going, relaxed kind of person who likes comfort and good things in life. I'm a 'lists and order freak', so postcards which show neat rows of things or labels or encyclopedic entries make me ecstatic.
I'm a culture buff, I enjoy all sorts and forms of art: fine arts, architecture, cinema, music, photography, theatre... you name it! I'm also fascinated by the diversity of cultures, so anything that represents your country will make me happy.
Still don't know what card to send? Here are some ideas:
- alphabets, caligraphy, signs, pictograms
- indigenous people/culture
- national/regional costumes (photos/drawings of separate clothes items or people wearing clothes)
- footwear: ballerina shoes, high-heeled stilettos, rubber boots, sneakers, lace-ups, slippers
- patterns, textile, laces, tiles, tapestries
- folk crafts: woodwork, pottery, needlework, beadwork, toys, musical instruments
- lanterns, candles and candlesticks, streetlamps, lampshades, unusual lamps, holiday lights, picturesque lighthouses
- book-related postcards (books, bookshelves, libraries, people reading, sayings about reading or books, portraits of famous writers, book covers)
- close-ups: raindrops, autumn leaves, petals, buttons
- landmarks: castles, palaces, religious buildings (I prefer single views)
- landscapes: picturesque countrydise or cityviews
- typical buildings (including doors, windows, stairs, interesting architectural details)
- flora and fauna of your country (photos or encyclopedia style drawings)
If you don't have any of the postcards listed above, don't worry!
Send me something that you like yourself!
I will be glad to read a comment on what is on the postcard as well as somehing about you. What is your hobby? Your biggest dream? The most unforgettable experience? The funniest thing that happened to you? What makes you happy? Is there anything you'd like to share, like a film to watch, a book to read or a place to go?
I love languages, so it would be nice if you could write me a phrase in yours with an English translation.
I prefer my cards written and stamped, without an envelope. Drawings and interesting stamps are very much appreciated.
Hope to hear from you soon!