I'm Maria from Finland, and I was so happy to find that my very old passion for postcards is now a "respectable" hobby!
I like reading, movies, bible study, baking pies, eating ice-cream, potplanting on my balcony, visiting art exhibitions, cycling, making art journals and collage, taking photos, stamps, mailing, letters and postcards :)
I live in southern Finland in the capital city Helsinki in a two bedroom apartment. My children are all grown-ups: my only daughter is 21, and my three sons are 22, 24 and 26 years of age. I work as a receptionist for offices.
My favourite themes in postcards are
* viewcards of countries, sights and scenery, especially capital cities
* mapcards of all kinds, of countries, regions, states...
* men and women (especially blondes and also pin-up)
* royal families
* vintage postcards: old and re-prints (children, women and men, Christmas etc.)
* fashion and "vanities": perfume, high heels, purses, dresses, jewellery, accessory, lingerie + all things in pink...
* everything British: the Royal Family, humorous cards...
* Keep calm and...cards
* Anne Geddes (babies)
* Virpi Pekkala (Finland)
* Choo Choo Cat (Jetoy)
* Anne Taintor (women)
It would be nice to receive my cards hand-written, and if you have nice stamps, please send the postcard in an envelope if possible, because I collect stamps (especially religious, Christmas and fashion). I also collect fridge-magnets, if you do, too, we can swap.
All my collections you may see on my flickr and picasa albums:
I love all the postcards that I receive, so those that I mark as favorites I don't have yet :)
Happy Postcrossing :)