Hello, dear Postcrossers!
My name is Margit, I am from Austria, I live in a town near Salzburg. I am in my sixties and have two grown-up sons.
It is so great to receive beautiful and interesting postcards from around the world. I like my postcards to arrive without an envelope (if possible). I prefer handwritten cards with nice stamps. It is fascinating to compare the varying handwritings from different people and countries. Please write whatever comes to mind, interesting facts about the card, about your country, about your language or about yourself... normally I try to answer to such things and stories in my registration message.
Some of my received cards from far away countries traveled via "Australia" to Austria (these two countries are easily to be confused). I know this because of long travel times and because of some additive cancellation stamps. So, when you send your card from outside Europe, please add in the last line of my address: AUSTRIA / EUROPE
I appreciate each card, but if you have no idea what to send, here are some suggestions:
- city views, famous buildings, castles and landmarks (also typical tourist cards, and also cards from your holidays/vacation at other places and countries)
- your hometown and surroundings
- stunning sceneries
- art and artists from your country (paintings, architecture, music,...)
- aerospace and astronomy
- interesting facts concerning biology, physics, sciences,...
- festivals of your country, people with traditional clothes, museum cards
- handmade cards
- humorous (ad) cards,...
If you have a question concerning a card which I sent out, please don't hesitate to send me a message (for example: what is on the postcard, about the artist, photo taken by..., where I got it...), I will try to answer it.
Thank you for reading my profile and Happy Postcrossing!
(updated: October 9, 2019)