I'm German and my name is Birgit. I was born in 1965 and have been married for 25 years. We have got a 19-year-old daughter. Since the age of 15 I've been penpalling the old-fashioned way via pen and paper. Hence my love for postcards and anything that has to do with letter-writing: nice stationery, stickers, washi tape, etc. Oh, and I also enjoy card making.
As for postcards, I love designs with:
- lighthouses, coastal scenery and waterfalls
- famous landmarks and World Heritage Sites (UNESCO)
- mountains and rock formations
- National Parks
- anything letter-writing related like mail boxes and the likes
- cupcakes, coffee- or tea-related
- Bernese Mountain Dogs
- Edition Gollong (e.g. Nina Chen, Mila Marquis, etc.)
- Audrey Tarrant and Molly Brett
- Thomas Kinkade and Marjolein Bastin
- "Bookcards" (book-shaped cards) or other shaped postcards
- hot-air balloons
- beaches or sunsets if you live on an island
- scenic or tourist postcards are welcome, too, if you cannot find any of the above mentioned designs.
PLEASE do NOT send any postcards you just want to get rid of or free ad cards and selfmade/printed cards. I'm posting nice postcards and I'd kindly ask you to do the same. Thanks!
And maybe you could write a bit more than just "greetings from..." :)
Well, after having received several notecards instead of postcards I've decided to say this now: I will NOT register a notecard being sent to me any longer. Postcrossing is a site for sending/receiving postcards and NOT notecards.
An alle deutschsprachigen Postcrosser: BITTE KEINE Harenberg Postkarten, denn diese kaufe ich mir selbst. Danke!
-100th postcard sent to PhoenixFeather in Canada on 1st Aug., 2017
-100th postcard received from misao39 in Switzerland on 18th Aug. 2017
-Expired postcards 2017: USA 1, China 1, Germany 1, Taiwan 1, Portugal 1
-2018: - Russia 1, China 2 , Turkey 1, Taiwan 2, Lithunia 1
-2019: - Russia 2, Taiwan 1, Moldova 1, USA 1