How are you today?
I'm a French lady teaching English to teenagers in the French Riviera. I live in a beautiful village near Nice with my husband Nicolas and our three cats: Pumpkin (a male Ginger Tabby cat with a big belly), Miss'Target (little brown tabby girl) and Garibaldi (a male Ragdoll who's a little bit crazy ^^).
I teach English (though it's not my mother tongue) to teenagers in a High school in Vence. I also home-teach teenagers who cannot go to highschool anymore because of health issues. I really love my job.
I would like to send postcards worldwide and to recieve postcards from the four corners of the Earth. I'm an absolute fan of Lewis Carroll and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (when I was still a student I wrote my master degree essay on Identity and Evolution in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass).
What I love...
music: especially classical music, rock n roll, metal... (I play the piano and the guitar, and I sing in a classical choir and with the rock band I created with some of my pupils ;))
films: horror films, thrillers, comedies, historical film, Tim Burton, M. Night Shyamalan...
books: Lewis Carroll, William Shakespeare, Mary Shelley, Jane Austen, Ransom Riggs, Charles Baudelaire, Edgar Alan Poe,, Anne Rice, Bernard Werber...
cats: mine and all the cats I can meet :)
and tea: tea-time is really important to me, when I miss it for a reason or another, I feel grumpy (If you could send me tea bags, I would be delighted!!! :D)
Themes I like:
- Alice in Wonderland: book, films, cartoons, adaptations...
- The Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit, Tolkien related postcard
- Harry Potter
- TV series: The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Dexter, Desperate Housewives, American Horror Story, Outlander...
- Literature / Books / peaceful reading scenes
- Elves and fairies / fantasy
- Music (classical, rock, metal...)
- Films: Tim Burton / M. Night Shyamalan
- Art (Preraphaelite paintings are my favourite...)
- Gothic culture (Underground, punk, New Wave...)
- Beautiful photographs (black and white or colour)
- Drawings: Gorjuss, Niccoletta Ceccoli, Benjamin Lacombe, Mistigri
- Cats, Rats, Mice
- Beautiful monuments or places from your region or country
- Hand made cards
- Spirituality and religion related postcards (every religions)
But of course I will be glad to receive any postcard from you :)
Please, I love receiving postcards on which you write more than just greetings, I want to learn at least one thing about you :)
Here are some things you can tell me about yourself:
- What your job is, what your dream job is.
- What your favourite book, film, song is, and why.
- One word in your own language, your favourite one, and its translation.
Hope to read you soon :)