My name is Sanne, I am 29 years old, and I live in The Hague, the Netherlands. I've enjoyed writing and receiving letters and postcards for all my life, and I decided to finally put this hobby to a good use! :)
I like many things: for example: reading, writing, listening to music, travelling (the avatar displays me in northern Finland, January 2013), dogs, cats, tea, chocolate, museums, and much more. I'm into knitting and sewing, and I like to make my own clothes and home decoration. I also love long dinners and endless conversations with good friends. (If you know any good recipes for delicious food, I'd love to hear about them!)
I love nature, in all seasons but especially winter, but I also love cities and everything you can do or view there. When I'm on vacation, I try to combine these elements.
I am also a language freak! I don't speak many, but please do write a couple of lines in your own language on the postcard (and a translation going with it would be really awesome). That would make me really happy! :)
And if you have read an excellent book lately, which you'd like to recommend, I'd love to hear about it.
Of course I'm curious for any other things you'd like to tell me. If it's possible for you to write more than "Happy Postcrossing", I would really appreciate that. If you don't know what to write, please tell me about your associations with The Netherlands.
I like any kind of postcard. Some things I'd really like to receive are:
- MOST WANTED: postcards of locations or cultures from South-America, Africa, Middle East, South Asia or Australia/New Zealand (they don't have to be sent from there). I am trying to finish a postcard map, but the space around the southern hemisphere is still quite empty!
- swimmers/professional swimming pools;
- dancing people;
- Second World War, Cold War, European Union;
- Asterix & Obelix, Scandinavia and the World;
- Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones;
- Unesco World Heritage;
- map cards or flags;
- animals in (ant)arctic habitats, like penguins, wolves, and polar bears;
- mountain scenes: any Himalayan mountain, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Ayers Rock...;
- unusual, strange, what-on-earth-were-people-thinking-when-they-printed-this postcards;
- if you happen to live in, or have paid a visit to, a place with an absurdly long name, I would like to have a postcard from there (like http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/GB-346995).
Any other card that has something to do with anything I like would be great, but it is really, really, really not necessary. The only things I'm not very fond of are free ad-cards, but if it's a really nice one, it's welcome as well. If you need some inspiration, just look at my favourites wall: those are cards I'd really like to receive.
I am really looking forward to receiving a postcard from you! Thank you in advance!