My name is Sanne and I am 33 years old. I've enjoyed writing and receiving letters and postcards for all my life, and I decided to finally put this hobby to a good use! :)
I like many things: for example: reading, writing, listening to music, travelling (the avatar displays me in northern Finland, January 2013), dogs, cats, tea, chocolate, long dinners and endless conversations with good friends, and much more. I also love running and I try to set new goals all the time. Having finished two marathons, I have now registered for my first ultramarathon (60 km) in March 2022.
I love nature, in all seasons but especially winter, but I also love cities and everything you can do or view there. When I'm on vacation, I try to combine these elements.
I am also a language freak! I don't speak many, but please do write a couple of lines in your own language on the postcard (and a translation going with it would be really awesome). That would make me really happy! :)
And if you have read an excellent book lately, which you'd like to recommend, I'd love to hear about it.
Of course I'm curious for any other things you'd like to tell me. If it's possible for you to write more than "Happy Postcrossing", I would really appreciate that. If you don't know what to write, please write about something that recently happened in the world/your country and what you think about it.
I like any kind of postcard. Some inspiration:
- theme for February/March 2021: women's rights!
- US presidents;
- postcards of locations or cultures from South-America, Africa, Middle East, South Asia or Australia/New Zealand (they don't have to be sent from there). I am trying to finish a postcard map, but the space around the southern hemisphere is still quite empty!
- swimming/running/dancing people;
- historical pictures from the 20th century, for example involving WW I or II;
- Asterix & Obelix, Scandinavia and the World;
- Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, The Witcher;
- The Beatles, Queen, or other 1960 or 1970 rock bands;
- Unesco World Heritage;
- map cards or flags;
- animals in (ant)arctic habitats, like penguins, wolves, and polar bears;
- dinosaurs - are there any postcards of ankylosaurs out there?
- mountain scenes: any Himalayan mountain, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Ayers Rock...;
- unusual, strange, what-on-earth-were-people-thinking-when-they-printed-this postcards;
- Leonid Afremov paintings
- if you happen to live in, or have paid a visit to, a place with an absurdly long name, I would like to have a postcard from there (like http://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/GB-346995).
Any other card that has something to do with anything I like would be great, but it is really, really, really not necessary. If you need more inspiration, just look at my favourites wall: those are cards I'd like to receive.
I am looking forward to receiving a postcard from you! Thank you in advance!