My name is Marta. I love the idea of sending and receiving postcards since I was a child. My interests are: music, literature, theatre, film, history, philosophy, politics and classic elegance. I also love foreign languages. That's why I studied French and Modern Greek. Recently I fell in love with mountains. Hiking is a great way to experience freedom and fight weakness. I even decided to summit all highest peaks from each mountain range in Poland (it is called The Polish Mountains Crown and includes 28 peaks).
Postcards I'd love to receive:
- writers, composers, philosophers, scientists, royal families,
- musical instruments,
- teddy bears,
- children book illustrations,
- Muumi, Krtek, Rumcajs, Disney,
- old fashion,
- Anne Taintor, Flower fairies, Where's Waldo, Vogue, New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Ladybird covers, Dearest Margarita, Peter Rabbit,
- old movie stars and posters,
- beautiful landscapes or city views,
- fauna and flora,
- churches, monasteries etc., saints, icons,
- folklore: traditions, costumes, food, recipes, fairy tales, religion etc.,
- old maps,
- calligraphy, alphabets.
You can also see my favourites to have an idea what postcards I like.
Of course, everything above is just a suggestion. If you cannot find such postcards, that's ok.
A few things that I am not keen on:
- postcards from different country than you live in (especially if you are from a rare country I don't have any postcard from),
- folded cards, envelopes,
- ad or handmade cards (but I like decorated backside with drawings, stickers or washi tapes),
- printed mass messages. It's so sad! But if health issues do not allow you to write something by hand, I understand it, don't worry.
If you don't know what to write, please write your favourite maxim, something about your hobby or city. You can also write something in your own language and translate it. Written postcards look better so if you don't speak English/French/Greek/Italian well, just write in your native language and I'll find someone who could translate it for me. I will also appreciate if you put nice stamps on the postcard. I even use the term "the triad of the perfect postcard" - kind message, beautiful stamps and of course - picture.