****************** 7 amazing years of Postcrossing ********************
Oli Otya ! (Luganda)
Namaste ! (Marathi/ Hindi)
Hello ! (English)
About Me -
* I am Mandar, an expat from India, currently living in Uganda, a beautiful country in Eastern Africa. Leopold is my Postcrossing AVATAR !
Last year i became father of Triplets - one daughter and 2 sons :)
*I like travel, meeting new people, dancing, singing, PC game (most fave is Age of Empire) and offcourse Postcrossing !
*I feel, we come in this world and leave someday! But before leaving, we should leave some good memories with someone, who can remember us later, hence i like Postcrossing ! It is wonderful to know that someone has thought about you for few minutes while choosing and writing a postcard for you !
* Send just any picture postcard which you like because for me its YOU who is important. Please please write the date !
* Please write Just one word which describe your life. (for me its 'SURVIVAL' )
* More important than the card itself, the idea that a postcard captures a moment in time in someone's life fascinates me. Reading old used postcards from decades ago about someone's trip or something they did, is something I really enjoy. So capture what is going on in your life at this moment for someone to read decades from now!
* About my Profile Name - I took my profile name from famous Bar & Restaurant 'Cafe Leopold', Mumbai ! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_Cafe). I always feel happy to visit this place, i have the same state of mind , while writing a Postcard too !!!
* Finally a quote - “Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible. I believe you can retain certain things from your childhood if you protect them - certain traits, certain places where you don’t let the world go.” - Johnny Depp
Looking forward to your Beautiful Postcard !
Happy Postcrossing !!! :)
RIP (Expired Cards) - Wherever you are, my heart cries for you :(
Finally few songs about Postcards -
1. I am looking for Penpals
2. As i have received postcards from almost all the countries, i would love to swap postcards against Fridge Magnet or Used Postcards