Hello dear reader!
My name is Lea Alexandra. I live in Bremerhaven, the biggest German town by the North Sea coast. Originally coming from the very south of Germany, I've moved here a couple of months ago.
I'm currently dealing with anxiety attacks and depression, so every kind of cheerful mail would be very much appreciated. Si vous parlez francais, écrivez-moi en francais, s'il vous plaît.
After trying out working in a factory and with children, and visiting med school for exactly three months, I ended up at the local college studying a course called "digital media production". I especially enjoy illustrating and editing. I'm also trying out photography.
Otherwise, I have quite a few hobbies:
- I love travelling and look forward to traveling through Europe again (so far I've been to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, England, France, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland) Next destination will hopefully be Wales.
- I enjoy sports, preferably on my own: (mountain) biking, cross-country and downhill skiing, mountaineering, bouldering, swimming, iceskating. Currently I'm mostly cycling along the coastline.
- I love being creative: drawing, painting, photography, illustrating, writing
- A rather new thing: the garden. My roommate, some of our friends and I have rented a garden lately with a lot of apple and cherry trees, where we are growing vegetables, herbs and flowers. It's a really nice place to get away from everyday life stress and annoying people from time to time.
- reading is also one my favorite things although I've been lacking time (now i'm reading The Lord of the Rings)
- I'm also currently taking part in a challenge called 100 days of sketching
The reason why i've joined Postcrossing is because I love communication.
Most important to me is a nice message on the back. I really love stories and every postcard is a story to me. The fact that someone picked that specific card for me, wrote the lines on the back, went to the mailbox etc is so incredible for me. It's great!
Please, if you're writing to me, don't leave the card blank. If you're struggling about what to write, here are some ideas:
#your favorite quote or poem
#a good book worth reading
#what is you happiest memory or your biggest disappointment?
#your favorite smell
#the view from your window
#what is your everyday life like?
#do you have a garden and if yes, what do you do in there?
I'm not at all picky about motifs. If you want some guidelines, here are topics that I enjoy a lot:
*coffee and books
*illustrations and paintings
*handmade cards (really love them!)
*landscapes and cityscapes
*the most ugly card that you can find
*farm animals (ducks, sheep, cows, goats, geese, pigs, horses, ...)
There's only two things that i'm not overly fond of: Christmas cards (i'm not a fan of that holiday) and Kitsch, if you know what I'm talking about.
Thank you for reading my profile!
Have a nice day,