Important note from 2019 on: we'll send our cards from Germany because of the too expensive Tarifs here in France.
We’re Gaby & Chris, 50 & 54, married for 23 years and originally from Germany, but living in France since 21 years, near the borderlines to Germany and Switzerland. This region is called "Alsace" and it's a very nice place for people who love the rural life, timbered houses with red geraniums, plain meals and good wine.
We love our countryside life without much traffic and loudness. There are many wild animals like hedgehogs, deers, wild pigs, foxes, owls, bats a.s.o. near our house.
We're working in Switzerland, so we think, we're a little bit tri-national.
We have 2 cats: Miggeli and Sämy and we love them so much. They are real family-members, eat with us on the table, sleep in our beds. We’re big cat-lovers: A home without a cat is just a house!
Our hobbies are traveling, making city-trips, but also stay at home enjoying our little house and garden with a Biotope and hot tub, being together with the boys, looking TV, surfing in the www and cook together.
We collect teddybears, have about 250 of them..
In summer 2013 we’ve heard about postcrossing on the radio and thougt, that's an amazing idea. First for bringing life in our postcard-collection, twice to upgrade our english and - of course - to bring us people all over the world a little bit closer :)
We like written and stamped cards (please no folded ones and no envelopes), prefering a mixture of/with:
- cats (drawn or photographed)
- your hometown or region
- lovely gardens, ponds
- plants in blossom, lavender, hydrangeas, roses, a.s.o.
- lake- and river-sides
- landscapes, parcs, in all seasons
- scenes in autumn
- scenes in the snow
- christmas-scenes in december
- beautiful bridges
- mountains, waterfalls
- the beach
- lighthouses, beach-chairs, seagulls, shells
- foggy mornings, sunsets, rain
- farm-houses and their gardens
- nice decorated doors and windows
- squirrels, sheep, cows, chicken, owls, birds, water-birds
- coffee, tea and pastries
- fruits, herbs and vegetables
- wine, cheese and grapes
- still lifes, candles
- beautiful flower-arrangements
- funny pictures, cartoons
- comics from Uli Stein, Ruthe + Loriot
- the young people from Sarah Kay
- Mucha, Monet, old artists general
- Kinkade, Afremov
- people with umbrellas in the rain
- people reading a book
- people with their traditional clothes
- old Teddybears
- vintagestyle cards
- postmen and/or letter-boxes from different countries
- old billboards
- black'n'white objects with one color point
Please no New-Art-, Ad-, or PC-Meeting-cards.
Please write about you, your home-town, your pets, your hobbies, your job or school, what makes you happy today etc. Thanks a lot.
If you send a card from our faves, please tell it us, so we can delete it from the list.
So here we go - happy postcrossing all over the world!
Gaby & Chris