Nice to meet you here!
My name is Olena, I am a professor of English at University. Cheerful, optimistic, always eager to make new friends and communicate. I adore travelling and sightseeing and consider myself to be a seasoned traveller.
I am fond of reading, listening to music, singing, having fun with my friends.
I am fond of collecting toy pigs, my collection counts about 300 pigs of different sizes.
I adore dolls and doll miniature. As I am a huge Harry Potter fan, I have Harry Potter and Severus Snape dolls in my little collection. I like making clothes and props for them and creating doll stories.
Also I am great fan of classical Sherlock Holmes stories and for me the best representation of Sherlock Holmes on the screen is Jeremy Brett.
Also I like embroidery (cross-stitch).
In fact my interests are very diverse.
I would enjoy all the cards but would be most thankful for the following postcards (this is NOT in the order of preference):
- lanscapes and seascapes;
- mountains, rivers, lakes;
- historical buildings: castles, palaces, churches, chapels, ruins;
- aerial views;
- night views;
- astronomy: stars, constellations, planets etc.;
- pictures with houses with the light in the window (like this: https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/RU-6286785 );
- map cards;
- ladies of 18-19th centuries;
- trains, especially old trains;
- forests, parks, gardens;
- candles, lanterns;
- city / town / village streets;
- PIGS, PIGS, PIGS!;
- bees and beekeeping;
- Royal families of the world;
- "Harry Potter" cards, especially Severus Snape;
- Sherlock Holmes in classical representation (NOT "Sherlock" with B.Cumberbatch etc);
- "Torchwood" - I will be happy if there is a card with Captain Jack Harkness;
- sailing ships;
- Christopher Columbus related postcards;
- national, patriotic holidays, festivals (George Washington related cards from the USA will be greatly appreciated);
- Christmas cards;
- old books or parchment style cards;
- retro-style postcards;
- vintage postcards;
- Keep Calm series;
- Lali Cards.
I love all cards except free ad cards.
You can send me cards in or without an envelope, it does not matter really.
Write me a few words about yourself or explanation of what is shown on the card, or your favourite recipe from your national cuisine - or anything you would like to write :)
I am always very precise in choosing cards for others and do my best to pick up the card from a postcrosser's wishlist.
NOTE: If you see that you card is travelling to me for a long time, please, let me know. My local postoffice acts up at times, so I'll go and ask for your postcard, maybe, they misplaced it.