My name is Joana, i'm 26 years old, from Lisbon and i'm a clinical psychologist.
I like almost every kind of postcard, especially those that represent your culture in any way.
These are my favorite themes:
- Children or Adults in traditional clothing
- Black & White street photography
- Castles and Palaces
- Unusual Churches
- Colorful Streets, Houses, Markets or Neighborhoods
- Postcards of Robert Doisneau or Henri Cartier-Bresson
- Mailboxes or Mail related
- Anything related to Psychology
- Royalty from Around the World
- Popes & Presidents
- Gotochi Postcards (any odd shape is fantastic!)
- Postcards made with different materials (wood, silk, cork, etc.)
- Lapland (Landscapes or native people)
- Historical Places
- Personalities like: Mads Mikkelsen, Alexander Skarsgård, Marina Abramovic, Sylvia Plath & Tori Amos (this is a long shot, i know!)
Another important thing for me is the message in the postcard.
I love written cards, regardless of the content. That's what makes the postcard mine & yours and not just a souvenir!
If you don't know what to say, just tell me the news headlines of your country in this particular day or what comes to mind when you think about Portugal.
Oh! I also love suggestions of bands/musicians singing in the native language (other than english)
I'm not really a fan of
- Ad cards
Have fun, surprise me and be original!
...and don't forget to put the date!