My name is Heidi and I'm housebound due to chronic pain. Postcrossing is a great way for me to at least open a window to the world.
I'm addicted to green tea, the colours blue & green, Calvin & Hobbes and The Peanuts. I love dogs (sadly I can't have one), plush animals, rubber stamps, things made of paper and fountain pens, rain, snow and cold weather, astronomy, sushi and cinnamon. I'm a huge science fiction fan, especially books and space opera in particular. I like classic cinema and a variety of TV series (Person of Interest, Life on Mars, Futurama, The Handmaid's Tale, The Orville,…). I enjoy classical music, film scores and (progressive) rock.
I'm currently exploring the world of vegan cuisine and have a soft spot for (almost) anything Scandinavian.
I used to work in a bookshop.
You decide which card to choose, but I appreciate your taking a look at my preferences. A postcard we can both enjoy would be perfection. ♥
Don't know what to write? Recommend a book/author, film, TV series or artist. Add a drawing. Do we have anything in common? Tell me about one thing you love and why. Also see my (of course totally optional) monthly writing prompt below.
Please note the date and, if you like, the weather. Pretty stamps and extras like bookmarks, tickets, receipts etc. are very welcome. Beautiful/interesting paper, even just small scraps, would be the delicious cherry on top. :)
Stay Safe & Happy Postcrossing!
- - - - - - - - - - -
🌼 APRIL WRITING PROMPT
What is your favourite book genre (& why)?
🌼 APRIL THEMES
- colour: fresh green
- hilly landscapes
- hot beverages, soups & stews
- 1970s films & TV
- - - - - - - - - - -
WHAT I LIKE & LOVE
- Polaroid & slide style cards, retro photography, black & white
- blue, turquoise & fresh green
- plush animals
- (green) tea, plain teaware, coffee, ostfriesische Teekultur
- spices & herbs, fruit & veggies, pastries, vegan food
- astronomy, science
- lighthouses, windmills
- umbrellas, parasols
- airships, hot-air balloons, sailing ships; bicycles, old cabriolets, VW Beetle
- clouds, storms, weather, aurora
- landscapes, nature details
- seascapes, marine life/maritime themed cards
- bamboo, bonsai, trees; daisies, poppies, dandelions, Japanese gardens
- dogs, otters, seals, capybaras, marsupials, seabirds, whales, animals (no critters)
- movie posters (1930s-1990s)
- string & percussion instruments, pianos, other musical instruments
- books & reading (no quotes)
- The Peanuts, Die Maus, Leendert Jan Vis, Moomins (or similar), children's book illustrations
- watercolour, blackboard art, Turnowsky's Art
- patterns, typography, calligraphy
- Claude Monet, William Turner, Franz Marc, Japanese ukiyo-e prints, Impressionism
I'M NOT FOND OF
multiview, pink & purple, meet-up cards, ad cards, lovelessly handmade
animal cruelty, spirituality, nudity & sexuality, politics, royalty, military