Hi! I'm 37 years old and live in the Netherlands in the city of Utrecht. Utrecht is mostly known for being the most important bottleneck in Dutch railroad traffic and for the Dom tower in the center of the city. I work in civil service (something environmental).
Some of the activities I enjoy in my pastime are reading, going to movies, jogging in the dune reserve and sampling snacks and candy from local Asian shops. My favorite vacation destination is the alps, of which we don't have any in the Netherlands (our highest 'mountain' is 323m above sea level).
I'd love to receive a postcard from your town or region, with lots of writing on the back.
If anything interesting is happening in your town, if you have plans for the summer, of if there's anything else; let me know about it. The more writing, the better :)
Here is a list of some other postcard themes that I'm interested in:
- Science fiction or retro-futuristism
- Reprints of propaganda posters
- Images by famous illustrators
- Old computergames
- Images from anime by Miyazaki
- Hiking in the mountains
- Vintage cards (or reprints) dating before 1950.
- Japanese woodblock prints
- A card showing laser firing robots battling ostridge riding pirates in an endless field of cauliflowers, with the lost city Atlantis at the horizon and two rainbows in the sky.
- If you're looking for a crafting project: take a card showing a close-up photo of a celebrity and give him/her an involuntary make-over. Don't just draw a mustache, but give it everything you've got! :)
Please don't feel obliged to send a card that fits the list, a simple card from your own town will be just as much appreciated!
I'm looking forward to your card!