I'm Judith, 35 years old and living in Nijmegen, which is pretending to be the oldest city in the Netherlands (but some other Dutch cities claim as well they are the oldest, so who knows...). At least, Nijmegen was already there in the Roman times and was by then known as Noviomagum.
I work as a high school teacher and I love the job! Besides enjoying the teaching itself, I also fully enjoy the number of holidays. I often go abroad: a short city trip somewhere in Europe and during the summertime usually a longer trip somewhere outside of Europe.
Sending and receiving postcards feels a bit like travelling without leaving your living room. It's so nice to be in contact with people from all over te world, even if the contact is very short.
This is what I like:
- artistic gymnastics (I used to do it myself; now I work as a coach & judge)
- being in nature (walking, cycling, having a picnic)
- cooking and eating with friends & family
- theatre, concerts and festivals
- and of course travelling the world!
I'm looking forward to receive your postcards!! I love all kind of postcards, these are espcially favourites:
- "Greetings from..." cards (postallove.com). I've only got Poland, Austria, Czech, Australia and Switzerland so far, so I'd be happy to receive more of these cards!!
- Black-and-white photographic postcards. Any type of B&W-cards is welcome, but I especially like people's portraits and cityviews.
- Nature & landscapes of your country
- Of course any other card would make me very happy as well!
I'd really appreciate a nice story on your card. Some inspiration:
- What's your favourite quote and why? (please also mention whose quote it is)
- If you like traveling: what's your favorite or most impressive destination you ever visited? Which destination is on the top of your wish list?
- What's your profession? Did you always wanted to have this job, or did you just end up here in some way? What is it that you particularly like about your job?
- What do you especially like about the country / society your living in? Is there anything you'd like to change?
- Or tell me just something funny, nice or touching which happened to you last week!
If you are from a German-speaking country, you can write your card in German, I can understand that language quite well and I like to improve a bit, so your card could be helpful! The same goes for French-speaking countries.
I'd also be very happy to receive a postcard in Afrikaans (South Africa)!