Hello, I'm Judith, 33 years old (I'd appreciate a birthday wish in your language, or tell me about a funny birthday tradition in your country!) and working as a web editor and translator. In my free time I like to read, go to concerts, do crafts, bake a lot of cakes and the likes and visit as much of the world as I can. And if I can't, I travel in my mind to all the places that you send me cards from.
I decided to sign me up for this project because there is nothing better than a receiving a postcard that says: "someone on this earth was so kind to take the time for a handwritten message and take it to the post office, even though we don't know eachother". I honestly believe that random acts of kindness can really make this world a better place. And besides that, I just like getting mail, just like you do!
Because of that, merely receiving any card and any design will make me smile, but if you'd like some inspiration, here's what I'm particularly interested in:
- COLORFUL MOTIVES, rainbows, patterns, dots, stripes, balloons, fruits, candy, smileys, Where's Wally
- if you're from a GERMAN speaking country: I love the DACH countries and am very interested in photos, news or details about all big and small towns, cities, corners and regions. (Du kannst auch gerne auf Deutsch schreiben)
- If you speak POLISH: Ja uczę się języka polskiego od 3 lat. Proszę napisz do mnie po polsku.
- if you're from LATVIA/LATVIJA: please send me a brown paper card from 'Latvija. Nice place'. These are the ones with red and black images. I collect these :)
- MAPS, metro maps, road signs from all over the world;
- quotes, handwriting, different fonts or typewriting, letter design, books, book stores, basically anything that has to do with LANGUAGES and philosophy, something in your language (and its translation please)
- PHOTOGRAPHY, black and white with one coloured element, landscape views, macro photography/magnified details of an object
- birthday cards with birthday wishes in your language (when it's my birthday), holiday cards with wishes in your language (when it's the time of the year)
- my all time favourite band, BON JOVI (and The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Nickelback and Muse)
- anything that makes you smile and please write me why it does, because then it can make me smile too
If you don't know what to write, please write me your favourite cake recipe or what was in the headlines of your local paper today.
Thank you in advance and thank you for reading my profile. You can see why I always think postcards are too small for my message :)