my name is Jasmin and live in the beautiful city of Leipzig.
I've been doing postcrossing for a while a few years ago, but then my interests shifted a bit. But now after a break of roughly 3 years I'm back
I love reading - mostly fantasy but I'm also open to learn about new books. The only things I actually don't read are crime, thriller and horror.
I also love writing. I enjoy writing postcards (obviously) but sometimes the space on a postcard feels too small. I love writing letters. If you are interested in exchanging some letters and maybe becoming friends then tell me so on your postcard (and don't forget your adress, so I can answer).
Recently I've been thinking a postcard penpal would be nice as well. I imagine the exchange would be much quicker.
My other love is needlework. I like to sew and plan on sewing my entire wardrobe myself one day. I sewed my own wedding dress.
I love cross sitching. So if you are a fellow cross stitcher or also enjoy sewing or any craft really - feel free to tell me about your current project.
Which brings me to the next point.
You wonder what to write?
I do apprecciate a bit more text than the occasional "Happy Postcrossing". Tell me something interesting about your country, your culture, yourself, your family (maybe you also have a cat), things you like, about the picture on your card. If you have a book you love, or something interesting you have read recently - tell me. I love to get new book recommendations.
And please don't forget the date on your card!
Postcards I like:
- something typical from the area you live in (sights, landscape, animals...)
- cats, lions, giraffes, wolves
- everything related to books & reading
- art (paintings [Monet and Hiroshige are my favorite painters), fotographies [landscapes and the ocean]...)
- dancing (ballet, latin dances)
- self-made postcards
- with quotes
- Royal Families
- Christmas and Easter Cards (but not with religious pictures please)
- I love Dr. Who - a postcard featuring the TARDIS would be great (or something in gallifreyan ?)
- I also love superheroes. Batman is the hero of my childhood but The Avengers are cool as well. Marvel or DC I'm not prejudiced. As a teenager I also was a big Anime/Manga fan. (Not so much nowadays anymore) That was the time when animes/manga just started to become popular in Germany and were still hard to find.
If you don't have anything of the above? Doesn't matter! Surprise me!
Postcards I don't like:
- nude people, sexual content
- religious postcards (e.g. the inside of churches, pictures of saints, crosses etc. [I don't mind pictures of religious buildings from the outside, though])
Thats it for now, I hope to hear from you and Happy Writing.
P.P.S. Postcrosser aus DE, AT und CH kennt ihr schon Dana Cards? Schöne Postkarten für eine bessere Welt. www.danacards.de