my name is Jasmin. I'm 35 years old and live in the beautiful city of Leipzig.
I've been doing postcrossing for a while a few years ago, but then my interests shifted a bit. But now after a break of roughly 3 years I'm back
I love reading - mostly fantasy but I'm also open to learn about new books. The only things I actually don't read are crime, thriller and horror.
I also love writing. And as a member of the Letter Writers Alliance I'm an absolute fan of snail mail. If you are interested in exchanging some letters and maybe becoming friends then tell me so on your postcard (and don't forget your adress, so I can answer)
My other love is needlework. I like to sew and plan on sewing my entire wardrobe myself one day. I also crochet and do embroidery.
I love crosst sitching. So if you are a fellow cross stitcher or also enjoy sewing or any craft really - feel free to tell me about your current project.
Which brings me to the next point.
You wonder what to write?
I do apprecciate a bit more text than the occasional "Happy Postcrossing". Tell me something interesting about your country, your culture, yourself, your family (maybe you also have a cat), things you like, about the picture on your card. If you have a book you love, or something interesting you have read recently - tell me. I love to get new book recommendations.
And please don't forget the date on your card!
Postcards I like:
- something typical from the area you live in (sights, landscape, animals...)
- cats, lions, giraffes, wolves
- everything related to books & reading
- art (paintings [Monet and Hiroshige are my favorite painters), fotographies [landscapes and the ocean]...)
- dancing (ballet, latin dances)
- self-made postcards
- with quotes
- Royal Families
- Christmas and Easter Cards (but not with religious pictures please)
- I love Dr. Who - a postcard featuring the TARDIS would be great (or something in gallifreyan ?)
- I also love superheroes. Batman is the hero of my childhood but The Avengers are cool as well. Marvel or DC I'm not prejudiced. As a teenager I also was a big Anime/Manga fan. (Not so much nowadays anymore) That was the time when animes/manga just started to become popular in Germany and were still hard to find.
If you don't have anything of the above? Doesn't matter! Surprise me!
Postcards I don't like:
- nude people, sexual content
- religious postcards (e.g. the inside of churches, pictures of saints, crosses etc. [I don't mind pictures of religious buildings from the outside, though])
Thats it for now, I hope to hear from you and Happy Writing.
P.S. I'm getting married this year in July, maybe you find a wedding card? Good wishes are very much appreciated 🙏😊
P.P.S. Postcrosser aus DE, AT und CH kennt ihr schon Dana Cards? Schöne Postkarten für eine bessere Welt. www.danacards.de