Hello from Washington DC.
A little trivia about Washington /District of Columbia where I live:
- it is the Capitol of the United States of America
- it is not recognized as a state
- and because of that we have no voting representative in Congress even though residents pay taxes (Taxation without Representation!)
- it is divided into 8 wards over its 62.25 square miles
Official Symbols of the District:
* Bird: Wood Thrush
* Flower: American Beauty Rose
* Song: The Star-Spangled Banner
* Tree: Scarlet Oak
* Motto: Justitia Omnibus (Justice to all)
- reading (I have my own book club)
- walking my dog Brownie (a rescue)
- music (Indigo Girls, Death Cab for Cutie, Eva Cassidy, Amos Lee, Amy Winehouse, Jason Mraz, The Decemberist's and Pink Martini just to name a few and I also enjoy ac capella covers.)
- I also like playing word games
Postcard images I would like to receive (but by no means necessary):
- Signs of Peace
- Mary Engelbreit art work
- Dia de los muertos
- Hello Kitty (just HK not other cats)
- Foghorn Leghorn
Made it this far and don't know what to write? I would love to know any or all of the following...
- If you have a pet(s) I would enjoy knowing what you have and their name.
- Your current favorite song / earwig.
- The last book you read?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Favorite candy
- How long have you known your best friend?
I look forward to your card.