I am a High School Social Studies Teacher at an alternative school! (I know, I'm a gluten for punishment - LOL)
I teach World Geography, World History (Ancient & Modern), Sociology (20-21st century Pop-Culture), U.S. Government (A Street Law Course), and Computers...so I keep busy
Things I love:
* A good story (this includes Harry Potter and the Twilight Saga)
* Traveling (though I don't get to often)
* City-Scapes and Landscapes
* Collecting foreign currency (my students and I love the feel of money from other countries!! It's fun and often more colorful than our own) :)
In my classroom, I have a map of the world on which I have placed a pin on the location of every postcard I've ever received (whether in the mail or someone just brings me one - or two, or three.....) Then I run a string out and put the postcard on my wall. Currently, I do NOT have postcards from the following areas:
* Most of the eastern block European nations
* The Pacific Islands (Except YAP - Ive been there <3)
* Central America
* Most of South America
Wow! When I look at the list, it doesn't seem like I have many postcards! LOL but I do! They're just mostly from around the U.S.
My goal is to have postcards covering 2+ of my walls!!! Help me do that PLEASE!!
It's the coolest feeling in the world to get a postcard and my students, their families, and other teachers are constantly sending or bringing me postcards from my travels.
* I'd love a personal note - tell me something you LOVE about where you are.
* Send me your favorite view or place to go or just something fun
* Tell me where is the best place to eat if I ever make it to your area
* Write something in your own language!
I look forward to adding your postcard to my wall and sharing your story!
PS I moved to Utah after 20 years in Idaho. I have a LOT of Idaho postcards in my collection if you're interested in direct trades, just message me and let me know!