I am Jeanette and I live in Leiden, a small city, near the sea and the dunes. Like in Amsterdam, there are canals here and a lot of historical buildings.
I enjoy walking and I'm fascinated by nature in all forms and shapes. From the rocks, trees, animals, weeds in the sea to the tiny processes and huge forces in our universe.
I'm a philosophical, spiritual person and I like to travel and discover new places and people and broaden my horizons.
I love to read books, listen to music and see films. Art and art history are also close to my heart. Geology. Stories in whatever the way they come. I like to do creative things, browsing around in little shops and puzzling in every way. And I like to do absolutely nothing, just hang around and stare out the window.
Postcrossing needed to hire somebody extra for all the help I asked recently with ID's ;-) So please remember to write clearly the correct ID.
I would love you to try and fill the card with words or something creative.
In case you lack inspiration:
- What are your thoughts about the card you're going to send?
- What did you do today? What's on your mind?
- Did you do something different or new lately?
- A song, a philosophical thought, a dream? Your passion or your pet.
- Books, music, piece of art. What's in a treasure box?
- If you could make anything, what would you like to create or express?
- What do you talk about or do with friends and family?
- Pick a word from the list below and write down everything that comes up.
If you like some suggestions for a card:
- Lanterns, woodfires, guitars and snowflakes
- Mountains, rocks, stones, fossils, earth layers
- Paintings, other pieces of art
- Beautiful houses and buildings, castles and lighthouses
- Libraries, book illustrations
- Imagination, trolls, gnomes, adventure
- Landscapes. Bridges and paths in nature
- Forests, trees, mosses, gardens, flowers
- All animals: from insects, fish and big wild to the cutees at home
- Snoopy, Peter Rabbit, Inge Löök, Petterson, Blue Cats etc
- Skies, all weather conditions and the universe
- Sea, beaches, shells, corals, underwater
- Big sailing ships and old maps, compasses
- Unusual and funny cards. Homemade. Surprise me!
I like to recognize the cards on the wall. If you're using the app, could you try and make the card fill the entire space, sharp and right side up? Thanks!
I understand several languages, so feel free! Russian handwriting is no problem.
If you're from the US: to make the delivery of your card easy (or at all), please, form your 6's with a proper circle in it to prevent them from looking like a 4 or a u.
You may find a lot of the same stamps on the card I sent. That's because our postal service issues the extra's only in very small values.
Looking forward to your card!