I'm Jana, South African born but living in The Netherlands. I am married. I am one of many siblings and we all live spread over the world. I've had penpals for many years now and this is a perfect new way of getting to know other people and cultures.
I have many interests which include:
- traveling (flags, maps, useful information, hot airballoons!!)
- Photography and cross-stitching :)
- animals (sheep, bunnies, cats and dogs are probably my favorites) but also love wild animals (the big cats, elephants, giraffes, so many!)
- nature (flowers = definitely roses)
- food (I love fruit especially strawberries and pineapples)
- and even arts (I love the work of Leonid Afremov!) and architecture
- Tweety Bird.
- post-related (envelopes, stamps)
- Pokémon (I’m a big fan of the first 151 Kanto pokémon)
Three things that can absolutely brighten up my day are happy colors, cute things and love/hearts.
I love typical touristy cards and cards that aren’t rectangular but they are not a must. I also love vintage-looking cards and some that are a little quirky. You can check out my Favorites for ideas. If you happen to have a card that is under my Favorites, I would really appreciate it but in the end anything you have at your disposal is fine with me.
I have just received my first card from the “Flags of the World” series, so if you have one from the series, I would appreciate it. Also the “World Travel” series is great!
I would be happy to receive Christmas-themed cards around that time of year. I love Christmas!
Through postcrossing I have found a new love: illustrations by Alexey Dolotov, so any cards of his illustrations will be appreciated.
If it’s not too much of a hassle, please write in short why you specifically chose that card for me 😁
Thank you in advance for the postcard you will send me :) Looking forward to receiving it in the mail!
- June 14th 2020: 300th sent card registered