Greetings from Sacramento, California! I'm an artist and writer and I've been collecting postcards since I was a child. I like gardening, sewing, reading, genealogy, exploring old cemeteries, and shopping at antique stores and thrift stores. I collect old photographs, postcards, stereocards and View-Master reels. I study Sacramento history and I'm a tour guide at the Sacramento Historic City Cemetery.
I am especially interested in:
- small town scenes
- street/alley scenes (especially showing people and cars)
- strange roadside attractions, museums, motels and restaurants (I would love to get cards from the Legs Inn in Michigan and the Gobbler in Wisconsin!)
- aerial views of cities
- night scenes
- interior design, housewares, kitchens, bathrooms
- historical sites
- labor unions
- motorcycles (particularly British and Italian bikes)
- restaurant/department store interiors
- Wallace & Gromit
- Edward Gorey
- vintage 1930s-1950s U.S. "linen" cards
- Moscow Metro stations
- World's Fairs
- Troy Litten's "Wanderlust" postcard series
- "Roadside America" in Shartlesville, Pennsylvania, USA (a place I loved as a kid but which has unfortunately closed permanently)
Or you can surprise me with something unique! Please don't put your card in an envelope; I like cards that have been written on and stamped. Tell me a bit about yourself or your city/country! Please write the date on the card, too.
"Inappropriate", creepy, or weird cards are fine! The only types of cards I don't like are Disney, Anne Geddes, Thomas Kincaid and religious.
I have recently been given several boxes of 1940s-1970s cards. Unless you specify that you do not like old cards, I will probably send one to you!