Welcome to the postcard, nice stamp and postmark-paradise of Monaco at the French Riviera ! How nice to meet you this way :0)
I am Klaus/Nicolas and besides neat postcards, I do like sightseeing, museums, collector fairs, delicious food, BBQ, arthouse movies, languages and everything making life interesting.
Please, for your written card to me, thanks a lot for avoiding ALL self-adhesive labels (adress,AIRMAIL,stickers,tape etc.) as they are going to oxydate; thus spoiling your card over the time. PLEASE, don't tear-off stamp corners/borders as they are nice and protect the stamp(s). If sending under envelope, please leave the card blank. Thank you so much in advance:0)
In general, please mind my favorites, they are providing a very good sampling.
In particular, I am going to enjoy COLOUR-cards from YOUR country, especially with/from:
- travel posters of aviation/ships/trains/airmail/events(in colour).
- airliners-airports/Zeppelin(b&w ok)/inaugural flights.
- ship-line travel ads/vessels/ship-mail"paquebot".
- trains/locomotives/sub-&tramways of your country/town.
- Europa 2013-stamps/maximum cards "postal vehicles".
- beverages/tobacco/fine food (cool ads very welcome).
- aerogrammes (=folding airmail-letter with stamp pre-printed).
- Antarctica/Intl.Polar Year/polar research ships&stations.
- Chinese Lunar Year HORSE-stamps/maxi-cards(my sign).
- post office buildings/military field-post offices.
- pin-up girls in advertising.
- volcanoes/meteorite impacts/eclipses/auroras.
- meter-stamps/maxi-cards (ATM/LISA/FRAMA).
- joint stamp issues MC/FR-country X.
- "tourist cards" of attractions/events.
- locations/products related to St.Nikolaus/Sinterklaas (e.g. towns/relics/drinks/candy).
- USA: car license plate of state.
- USA: Mailers PP.
DISLIKES: damaged stamps/B&W-vintage/pets/flowers/text only/esoteric/sports/pin-holes/fat-stains/empty landscape&sky.
Für Deutsche: Bitte KEINE Selbstklebebriefmarken; diese sind ganz entsetzlich. Ihr habt doch wunderbare Auswahl :)
Special/unusual stamps (unusual: souvenir sheets/booklet combinations/corner-plate positions/specific for autonomous regions/meter-stamp(ATM-LISA-FRAMA)/service stamps) are highly appreciated, of course.
In order to avoid those ugly waveline machine-ink-jet postmarks hardly readible, for ALL postcards I do send out, I am doing the effort asking for a manual postmark in collector quality (often even a special-event postmark !) for you. I'd welcome the same on your postcard for me :0).
For me, a postcard is a piece of mail art striving for utmost beauty on BOTH sides.
Thanks a lot, I am looking forward to your lovely card.
Best greetings & "à bientôt" from Monaco.