My name is Michaela and I live near a small town called Helmstedt. It is two hours west of Berlin.
Postcrossing is a great idea! Linking foreign people altogether beyond all borders, religions and political systems.
I love reading and I also enjoy being outdoors. So watching wildlife, hiking and searching for geocaches are my most favourite hobbies. By the way, have YOU ever searched for geocaches? This is so much fun! You definitely have to try it one day!
I also joined a Spanish language course for beginners but now I am more into Norwegian and I have been playing the guitar since February 2013. Sounds good! :o)
- If you are from Belarus or Russia, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE I'd love getting a postcard by Victoria Kirdy (Виктория Эрнестовна Кирдий). That would really make my day! If you don't know her by name, why don't you look at my Russian favourites for her colourful and cute paintings?
Other favourites in a non-ranking order are:
- owls and birds in general
- whales and fish
- but NO CATS, please, except: wild cats (lions, tigers etc.) and Victoria Kirdy's paintings
- coasts & cliffs
- hiking trails
SCENES & CULTURE:
- wise statements, sayings, proverbs, quotations or mottos (Don't forget a translation.)
- specialities of your country or region
- old bridges or castles, also as paintings
- pictorial maps
- rural life
- old benches
- elderly people
- coffee & tea
- oil paintings of houses and landscapes
- Caspar David Friedrich
- Carl Spitzweg
- home-made cards (I don't have an only one yet!)
- search pics (cartoon drawings full of details), in German: Wimmelbilder
- Wolf Erlbruch
- The Peanuts, e.g. Snoopy & Woodstock
- Pettersson & Findus
- Lali Riddle
- Shaun the Sheep
- Angry Birds
- Der kleine Maulwurf (The Mole)
- Die Sendung mit der Maus
On the other hand, I don't like postcards displaying:
- animals with ribbons, clothes or any other human-like accessories
- statues or sculptures
- modern buildings/city life/transport
- free ad-cards
You can also check my favourites' page for some inspiration: http://www.postcrossing.com/user/Igraine78/gallery/favourites
When writing to me, you might tell me about your relation to nature and wildlife. Have you ever experienced something very special while being outdoors? Where do you want to go some day? What kind of countries would you like to explore?
Or just tell me about your hobbies, your country or city. Is it worth visiting for a vacation?
Have you got a famous saying or proverb, a most favourite book or movie? Tell me about it!
Well, that's all for now. Thank you very much in advance for choosing and writing a nice postcard for me!
Take care and happy postcrossing!