Heavy-Road-to-Walk(or Maarten) is a member in Netherlands . He has been a member for over 5 years (2,025 days).
Nice to meet you!
My name is Maarten, I am 49 years of age and I live in Assen, The Netherlands. I'm long time divorced and father of a 21 y.o. son. I live in a special protected housing facility, because I'm not capable of living independent. I work daily in the forest next to my house, collecting liter and garbage that doesn't belong in the natural environment. To be in the nature is a real blessing to me!
Assen is the capital city of province Drenthe, and not so big. It has a lot of nice old buildings, great pubs and café's. The surrounding area's are woodlands, parks, agriculture and a network of canals. The city is internationally famous, because of the TT-motorbike races 🏍 (TT= Tourist Trophy). During this week, the whole town is loaded with tourists, partying all night long. 😖 Yeah, it can be fun (sometimes)...
My favorite hobby's are Postcrossing and collecting stamps (they go together very well!). Listening to music is also important to me. Every day I need to listen to rock-music at level 10 on my stereo player (only for about 30 minutes or so). Furthermore, I like watching movies (horror, thrillers, warmovies and comedy). I like cabaret and documentaries about history and other subjects. I like to play computergames and boardgames.
I prefer the cards to be nicely written and stamped. Below are some examples of cards I would like to receive. However, you are free to send any card you like.
* Trees / Forests / Flowers / Mushrooms
* National parks / Natural reserves / Landscapes
* All kinds of wildlife
* Inge Löök
* Cards with coffee and/or chocolate
* Turist cards (single- or multi view)
* Monumental buildings (castles, churches, etcetera)
* Greetings from...
* Keep Calm and...
* Cats / dogs / birds
* Fine Arts (paintings, and others)
* Funny / hilaric cards
* Cartoon cards
What to write?
1. Please write a good joke! (it doesn't matter how immoral or politically incorrect; anything, the sky is the limit!). 😉
2. An interesting proverb or saying, carrying wisdom
3. Interesting knowledge / fun facts
Thanks a lot in advance, for your effort and dedication!
All the best,