Heavy-Road-to-Walk(or Maarten) is a member in Netherlands . He has been a member for over 5 years (1,900 days).
Nice to meet you!
My name is Maarten, I'm 49 years old and I live in Assen (The Netherlands🇳🇱). I'm long time divorced and father of a 21 y.o. son. I live in a special protected housing facility, because I have autism. Because of that, I'm not capable of having a regular job. However, I do voluntary work in 🌳🌿 forests and 🌻🌸gardens. To be in the nature is a real blessing to me!
Assen is the capital city of province Drenthe, and (thank God) not so big. It has a lot of nice old buildings, great pubs and café's. The surrounding area's are woodlands, parks, farming and a network of canals. The city is internationally famous, because of the TT-motorbike races 🏍 (TT= Tourist Trophy). During this week, the whole town is loaded with tourists, partying all night long. 😖 Yeah, it can be fun (sometimes)...
My favorite hobby's are Postcrossing and collecting stamps (they go together very well!). I like to make long-distance walks, measuring the distance with a stepp-counter on my iPod. Listening to music is also important to me. Every day I need to listen to rock-music at level 10 on my stereo player (only for about 30 minutes or so). Furthermore, I like watching movies (horror, thrillers, warmovies and comedy). I like cabaret and documentaries about history and other subjects. I love to play computergames and boardgames.
I would like it very much, when the card is nicely hand-written. and I appreciate a nice stamp very much! When the front- and backside of the card looks good, it really is worth to be collected. Romantically I call it an artifact of a certain person, place and time!
>> I am very much interested in receiving Maximum Cards, First Day Covers and Stamps! If you want to send something like that to me, I would be happy to send you something nice in return. >> 😃👍
Below are the kind of cards I would like to receive. However, you are free to send any card you like; they are all welcome.
In Random Order:
* Christmas cards (when Christmas is over: Happy New Year cards in January 2018)
* Flowers / Trees / Forests / Mushrooms
* Transport (all kinds of them, like cars, busses, trains, trucks, ships, airplanes, etcetera)
* Cards with coffee / chocolate
* Turist cards (single- or multi view)
* Castles, Cathedrals, Churches
* Eastern-orthodox icons
* Landscapes / National Parks
* Cats / dogs / birds
* Wildlife of all kinds
* Fine Arts (paintings, and others)
* Funny / hilaric cards
* Villages and cities
* Quotes (please write a translation, if it's printed in another language than English, Dutch or Portuguese)
What to write?
1. Please write a good joke! (it doesn't matter how immoral or politically incorrect; anything, the sky is the limit!). 😉
2. A nice proverb or saying, that carries wisdom in itself. 👌
Thanks a lot in advance, for the effort and dedication!