Hello! I am so happy to be a part of the Postcrossing movement. I look forward to receiving your postcard in the mail.
I am married, have 3 daughters and 7 grandchildren (ages 11 - 16). I am retired as of September, 2016. My hobbies are reading, sewing, embroidery, jigsaw puzzles, scrapbooking, quilting, travelling by car. I many times have several different projects going at the same time.
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin, in what is generally termed as the "Midwest" in the United States.
My avatar is my own photograph of the Diamond Ring phase of a solar eclipse. I took this photograph on August 21, 2017 in the state of Nebraska in the U.S.A.
I would love to receive a postcard from you! I am interested in learning and seeing different areas around the world. I would love to receive postcards of the following:
1. Volcanoes! I have loved Volcanoes since I was 10 years old and learned about Mt. Vesuvius. So, if you are in Italy, send me a postcard from Vesuvius or Pompeii. If you are in Japan, send me Mt. Fuji. If you are in Indonesia, send me any of yours. If you are in Hawaii, send me Kilauea. If you have a volcano in your country, send it to me!
2. Do you have royalty in your country or in your history? If yes, please send postcard! If from Russia, please send of Czar Nicholas II and his family, if from Great Britain, please send of Queen Elizabeth, her family, and of Diana.
3. State/province/country map.
4. Architecture/Buildings unique to your country or area.
5. Travel spots in your area.
6. Olympics! Winter or Summer.
7. Anything relating to my hobbies.
8. Christmas Cards in November and December.
9. Official Postcrossing or Meet-up cards.
No worries if you don't have any of my favorites! Send me something you would like to receive from a friend. After all, Postcrossing is a circle of friends sending warm greetings to one another.
Please also write a message and tell me something about yourself or your city or country. Add the date that you wrote it. A hint...put the postcard code somewhere other than on the bottom. The US Postal Service puts a sticker across the bottom of the card with a barcode and covers it up. Thanks in advance!
I would prefer not to receive postcards relating to children, animals, military or the occult.
I am combining my love of scrapbooking with this Postcrossing adventure by making a scrapbook of all the cards I receive.
Thank you in advance for sending your postcard. I look forward to making many new friends around the world.