My name is Janka and I am 38. I live with my family in a smart, small town, Szarvas, which is located in the Great Hungarian Plain.
I love books and nature very much and I am crazy about taking trekking tours all over the country. I am an avid, but not really talented bird-watcher. :) I like skiing (although Hungary’s geographical circumstances are not really suitable for this sport) and travelling home and abroad as well. A good theatre play or an interesting exhibition about nature, history or art also makes me happy. Our dog (a Fox Terrier) is also an important part of my life. :)
I love all kind of postcards, but the following types are my favourites:
- Cable cars;
- Forests, trees;
- National Parks, nature;
- Caves, icebergs;
- Farm and wild animals, wildflowers (you can make me exceptionally happy with postcards about species which are native in your country);
- Photos of Pavel Filatov and Igor Shpilenok, Lake Baikal (only from Russia please);
- Starry sky;
- Sunrise, sunset, moonshine and weather (rain, snowfall, fog etc.);
- Polar light, lightining;
- Viewcards of cities/villages of your own country;
- Landmarks/buildings/statues/bridges/lighthouses or any other sights of your hometown/country;
- Narrow streets;
- Skansen, open-air museums;
- Historical sights;
- Night views;
- Drawn/painted city views, landscapes;
- Unesco World Heritage sites;
- Greetings from... (Postallove);
- Ethnography (masks, traditions, clothes, etc.);
- Portraits of your nation's prominent persons (e.g. historical figures);
- Notable historical moments of your nation;
- Ships, public vehicles;
I will be happy to receive any card from you, so never mind if your postcard doesn’t fit in the above mentioned list! :)
My "Favorites" are postcards I received or I would like to receive :)
Please do not send cards of countries you have visited. Show me your country, it's more interesting!
I'd really appreciate if you could write as much as you can fit onto the card. I would love to learn more about different countries, cities or about nations' different traditions. If you don't know what to write here are some ideas:
~ what is shown on the postcard
~ about your hometown (what are the main attractions/why do you love it or why not/your favourite place)
~ your last reading/favourite book/your favourite national writer
~ the last exhibition you visited
~ if you hike as well, where did you walk last time
If there is a trekking route in your neighborhood please tell me about it!
If your mother-tongue is German or Italian please, please write me in that! I like these languages very much, although I don't speak them perfectly.
If it's possible, please send your postcard without envelope and write the place of posting on it.
Thank You for reading and thank You in advance!